Just watched vegucated..anyone seen it?

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
As someone who has been a vegan for a year and a vegetarian for two more, than come back to the dark side of meat and dairy for the past three years, this movie wasn't all new information for me, but it still was a bit...unsettling.

Although I plan on keeping my omnivore diet, it was a good reminder to stock up on the greens and fresh food as much as possible.

Anyone see this on netflix or otherwise? Thoughts?

Replies

• spisea
    spisea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For me, eating in a way that my actions are aligned with what I feel is right is central to making me healthy, mind and body. Ten years ago, I jumped off the vegan wagon for about 7 years. During that time, i gained 50 pounds. I don't think that the main problem was in how much animal protein I ate. I think the problem was that during that time, I didn't really care so much about what I put in my body. I told myself it didn't matter so much. But now, I live like what I put in my mouth does matter. I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for 3 years, with no calorie restriction. Now I'm back, losing some more, and the center of how I eat is still making sure that I feel good about my diet at all levels.

Its really impossible to have a diet that completely has no impact on other animals. Even on my plant based diet, little critters get caught up in the industry, insects are used when they fertilize flowers and process new dirt, larger animals loose their habitat. So perfection isn't something I worry about, but I am committed to doing as much as I am able. That means sticking to plant foods for me.

So yes, I've seen this movie. Its very well done. Clear. Not too gory, for a very gory subject. It doesn't say anything new to me either, but I like the way it says it.