? for treadmill users

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
What do you do on your treadmill? What modes/inclines/speeds? Are you a runner or walker? I just got my treadmill, and I wasn't sure what to do with it yet. I'll obviously play around, but I wanted to see what others do.

Oh, and if it matters, when I run outside, I can do 5.7 miles/hour running the whole time. :)

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I just use the TM occassionally to help me do Couch to 5k interval training.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I do it all! sometimes I'll do a constant pace running, sometimes walk at incline, sometimes interval between walks, jogs, runs and sprints. It usually just depends what I'm training for and what I'm in the mood for.
  • LETIN1
    LETIN1 Posts: 38
    Options
    I love my treadmill. I warm up by walking for 4 minutes at 3.9 mph, after that I start increasing the speed every 4 minutes
    4 minutes at 4.3 mph;
    4 minutes at 4.8 and raise incline I start running at this point
    4 minutes at 5.5 and raise incline again at this point to a comfortable level (running)
    4 minutes at 4.5 and bring down the incline at this point (running)
    2 minutes at 3.5 (walking)
    2 minutes at 2.5 (walking)

I use 5 pounds weights after warm up and stop before cool down.

You can adjust the speed at the level of your comfort.
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time!! I am surprised to see how fast some can walk on theirs!!

Here's my routines,

-Walking 3.3 MPH, 60 min

-Intervals, 40 min workout, w/ 5 min run/walk intervals
    10 min walk
    3 min jog 4.5
    2 min walk
    REPEAT till 30 min,
    10 min walk

I will replace the jogging with sprints at 5-6 MPH 1 day a week

Also I have an incline and will replace the jogging intervals with incline walking at same speed for the 3 min, then flat for 2 min .

BUT, as you condition, you have to keep upping your speed! I find that joggin at 4.2 now is sooooo slow I could walk that fast it seems!!