Get Lean in '13

Options
Yes, that is my goal. I have to take control of this eating "whatever I want" problem of mine...not working out too well for me. I find I have 50 excess pounds to kick to the curb in some way. I am a volume eater and stay hungry a lot. Any suggestions on how to curb my appetite while I go on a 1200 calorie/day eating plan would be helpful. I am new to this site and learning my way. I already love the food tracking tool...so easy. I would love to hear from you with any suggestions that have worked for your success.

Replies

• hafdis
    hafdis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    well if you can break down into like 6 small meals that helps.. what helps me is to look at calories as money and I'm going shopping and I like to get the biggest bang for my bucks lol!!! having said that it doesn't always work!! but I try
  • Janferher
    Options
    I would say first of all find out how many cal you are eating and start cutting from there ... it not easy to just jump and cut down to 1200 a day... and cut out all the junk food!
  • cjon159
    Options
    I love that suggestion!! I am a bargain hunter so i relate to the calories = money concept...THANKs!
  • hafdis
    Options
    yeah I was wondering the same thing.. there are pretty cool tools online.. you just plug in your weight height and age and it tells you how many calories you need to lose weight.. then once you loose the weight you adjust your calorie intake!! 1200 is like starve mode
  • hafdis
    Options
    I plugged my numbers in and in order for me to "lose" weight I need to eat about 1300 calories with some exercise... i weigh 133 and I am 5ft 2. Just to give you an idea