Seriously fun.

Options
I just have to share my excitement at having found an exercise that I actually enjoy doing. It is actually FUN! I'm not a person who loves to work out. Or I wasn't before. But since getting started with MFP I've found it fun and exciting not only to learn how to cook healthy and portion correctly, but to learn how to properly exercise and watch the toning start to show up on my frame!

One word.

Racquetball.

A friend of mine taught me racquetball and since then I have gotten my husband into it to and I go play at least twice a week. I pair that with strength training on the various weight equipment at the gym (as well as free weights) and do cardio the other 3 days of the week (I work out 5 total) and I'm having a blast!

If you haven't tried racquetball it's exceptionally fun. It makes a workout go by very quickly. The competitive nature and the short games (you only go to 15 points - as you get better the games last longer, but it still feels really quick) means you're not on a piece of workout equipment or a track thinking "How long have I been at this? Ugh, how long do I have to keep it up?"

And, as my husband points out, it's a good stress reliever too, because you get to smack the H-E-double hockey sticks out of the ball pretty frequently!

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love racquetball, but I have nowhere to play.

For me it's cycling right now. We bought a pretty good bike last summer and I'm kind'a hooked on it. I got out and did 10 miles last Saturday - In Ohio, in February!

Just bought a Ripstick skateboard thingie, that looks like fun.

You gotta do something you like.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I discovered it about two years ago and convinced my husband to take lessions with me. We would literally be DRIPPING when we came off of the court.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    OMG, definitely! I was impressed when I entered my time playing into MFP. OMG the calories burned are ridiculous! Fastest and most fun way for me to burn a ton of calories fast! We're always bright red and sweating buckets.