Mom of 3

Options
Just had my third kid and I gained back all of my baby fat. I quit smoking and that is how it all came back. I'm really frutrated. I;m trying to do good and track everything. I got a pedometer and it says that i'm losing less than this program is telling me i'm loosing. I'm drinking more water then I ever have since boot camp. I really would like to lose 1 pound a week. UGH..........can't wait till I see some change.
Jess

Replies

• __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations on quitting smoking, that's an achievement in itself (I don't mean to patronise)!

I wouldn't worry about the pedometer, so long as it isn't saying you're losing MORE - there's nothing worse than thinking you've burnt 200 calories when you've only burnt 50 lol

Lots of water is a + :) Don't go crazy with it but keep hydrated & have a couple of mouthfuls whenever you start to feel hungry.

Don't be discouraged by seeing little to no results for a while! You don't look like you're all that out of shape from your profile photo so don't worry if it takes a little longer than some people. Just stick with it & I promise that so long as you eat fairly healthily & remain active you'll begin to see results in due course. Don't go back to the cigarettes, it's not worth it, and if you have three kids i'm sure they'd all love you to be around for as long as possible! Good luck & if you wanna add me feel free, I don't go on like this all the time, I just felt the need to reply to you lol :)
  • nicolellanes89
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined this site today, my name is Nicky. I'm also a mommy of 3. I just had my 3rd last month. I'm having SUCH a had time losing the baby weight this time! With my other kiddos it just fell off right away! I gained so much this pregnancy and having a very hard time losing it.
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was 165 when I got pregnant with my 4 yr old. 190 when I got pregnant with my 7 month old. When I joined MFP 3 weeks ago, I was 230! Damn kids lol

Anyone feel free to ad me. I'll be your personal cheerleader and help hold you accountable if you'll do the same in return :) In the 3 weeks I've been using MFP, I've lost 10lbs and I honestly feel like the positive reinforcement/encouragement I get from this site have made all the difference.

Oh, and I went from smoking a pack of Newports/day to cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant. Good for you for kickin the habit! It's no easy feat. I know I'm so much better off, and so are my kids.