Insanity for the overweight, or for the slim only?

Options
Would anyone recommend Insanity as a good workout for heavier people? Has anyone done the Insanity while being overweight - if so, can you share with me your results? I'm looking to get started on a program like this to supplement my daily running.

Replies

• LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hummm, if you already run I think you can do it. It is a very bouncy workout and you push till it hurts (hurts so good is one of my favorite quotes :) I LOVE it. I have been doing it for a while,, mixing it up with Obstical run training and Asylum. If you have any more questons about it, just msg me
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it, but I heard that Jillian Micheals Body Revolution plan works it's way up to about the same level of Insanity towards the end of the program.

In the new year I am going to be doing 30 Day Shred, JM Body Revolution, and then Insanity.

:) I have also heard a lot of people have a lot of good results from just doing JM videos like the 30 day shred, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, etc. So, you could build your own program, build up your strength and then go for something even more intense IF you get responses from people that they feel it is pretty intense.

I have heard other people being pretty overweight and doing it though
  • MellioM
    MellioM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm an overweight runner and just recently became a beachbody coach because my husband and Iove their products. It is doable. Just modify anything uou can't do at the start and keep challenging yourself! I seriously love beach body. Shaun T is my new BFF. He is the perfect person for me to workout with. He is super positive and full of energy. You will love it!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it. If you already run then that's a good start. I was about 170 when I did it. I think I lost close to 10 pounds. I can't really remember my stats but I was satisfied with my results.
  • FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start with the 30Day Shred, then do Insanity once I master Jillian Michaels. I did the Fit Test for Insanity last April and nearly threw up, but that was after years of being sedentary. I started exercising properly/dieting in September, so I think my body is "warmed up" enough to start taking this to the next level. Thank you to all who responded/gave their suggestions, they were much appreciated.

Also, bump. :3
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start with the 30Day Shred, then do Insanity once I master Jillian Michaels. I did the Fit Test for Insanity last April and nearly threw up, but that was after years of being sedentary. I started exercising properly/dieting in September, so I think my body is "warmed up" enough to start taking this to the next level. Thank you to all who responded/gave their suggestions, they were much appreciated.

Also, bump. :3

I was just going to suggest this. I've done Insanity and 30Day Shred and I think 30DayShred is a great pre-program to insanity. It will still not be easy in any way and you will have to modify a lot of stuff (no matter what weight you are) but you will see great results.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred before doing Insanity and was glad I did. I was 177lbs when I started Insanity and when I finished I had lost 17lbs and 17in in total. Doing the 30DS beforehand helped a ton. I was still awful and had to take a ton of breaks, but as the weeks went on I got better. Than month 2 happened and it kicked my a**!! Good luck with it whenever you choose to start.