JFDI

Options
Just flipping do it.

This is what I have decided to tell myself. Last year I made a half hearted attempt at watching what I ate when I discovered the app, but it was clear very quickly that I wasn't mentally ready to make the big changes. Nonetheless useful data was gathered and I learned exactly where my bad habits were, as I diligently recorded everything for six weeks.

Stats
25m
330-340 SW (scales haven't arrived yet)
5f11
180 GW

Ready to do this now.

4 changes I will make.

1- no booze. Very bad at doing this in moderation.
2- replace dinner. I eat healthily and well the rest of the day already.
3- lay off the concessions at the cinema. Turns out cinema popcorn has some serious calories.
4- get to the gym. Ive chosen stronglifts as the levelling up appeals to my inner gamer.

2 is not really sustainable long term, I realise. Will need to find a balanced approach down the line.

Would love to hear from anyone in a similar position, looking for a mutual kick up the *kitten*, or anyone on the other end of this, with any pointers. First serious attempt here.

Replies

• ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    there are scales at wal-greens that go to 400 pounds.......
    there are many people on here that can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ad if you like
  • tris57
    tris57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Added :)

Don't think there are any Walgreens in UK though. The fancy scales are in the post, Just have to wait.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for about three months and have not been pushing myself consistantly either, my NEW start date will be January 2nd, feel free to add me if you would like.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :)

I'm working on 60 pounds, to lose. I've got a hold of 9. :smile:
  • tris57
    tris57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Added both. Good luck!