MFP One Year Progress Photos!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I don't start new topics in the forums very often, but I thought since we are about to start a new year it would be a good time for a progress report/photo. I have been SO inspired this past year with photos and stories that others have posted, so I want to contribute too, and maybe someone who is just starting out can find a little bit of inspiration from my post.

I've been over weight as long as I can remember. I mean, I guess there are some old family photos of me as a little kid where I was looking smaller, but I was 4 years old so I don't think it counts ;) I've had ups and downs with my weight over the years, losing some, then gaining it all plus some back.

I knew I wanted to (had to!) start again, and really try to make it count this time. Around Christmas of 2011 I decided that on January 1, 2012 I would start and I haven't looked back since! I have never been able to stick with a 'diet' for this long, but I don't ever think of it as a diet any more - It's a total life style change (it's not as scary as it sounds :) . I eat healthier food a lot of the time, and I eat smaller portions - But I still eat pizza once a week. I don't have any off limit foods, I just work them into my calorie budget for the day. I also exercise. No magic pill or secret necessary, just eat less and move more. It's not always easy, and I mess up, but just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I know I need to do.

I'm down 68 pounds in one year! I weigh less now than I did in High School, I have more energy than I ever remember having, and all of a sudden clothes shopping isn't about buying anything I can find that fits, but I can actually go into a store and pick out what I like! To anyone thinking they want to lose weight and get healthy, Do it. I can't even list all the amazing things that happen when you do, but I promise you it is worth it!

Anyway, enough with the talk, here are some pictures! The left side of the first photo was taken in June 2011 (I am trying to hide myself behind my arms I think), and the right side is me last week. I think there is about a 70 pound difference in these shots -

oneyearprogress2_zps472c83e0.png

And here is a closer shot, the left side was last christmas 2011 and the right side was the day after christmas this year, 2012.

Screenshot2012-12-30at92909PM_zps0afc5c63.png

I'm sorry to report my chubby cat has not lost any of his extra weight! ;)

I still have a long ways to go, but I wanted to share my progress. Thank you for taking the time to read this! If anyone else would like to share some One Year Progress Photos, I'm sure lots of people, myself Included, would love to see them!

Happy Near Year MFP and Thank you for helping me change my life!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!