Cigna Health Insurance

Options
Does anyone have Cigna for their carrier?
Anyone have a bad expierence with them?

Michelle

Replies

• Fweetie
    Fweetie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We are self insured by Cigna "facilitates" the coverage for our company. What I've found is their basic policy is to deny every claim the first time it is submitted. We actually had them tell a vascular surgeon's office that.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I've heard horror stories from all insurance carriers. I used to have BCBS and had a few problems but I have insider info that they may be pure evil...hehe. I have Aetna now and haven't had problems but I have only had them for 7 months...but they cover more for me personally than BCBS did.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    It is the old saying "everyone thinks their insurance is good---until they actually need it"

I had cigna almost 10 years ago, back then they were fine. They did deny my epidural, saying it wasn't necessary for a c-section:sad: and that the doc that did it wasn't covered. I appealed it 2 times with the same letter and they finally paid it.

But I've had similar issues with other insurance companies. Hopefully they are doing what is right and not what insurance companies do...look at the bottom line.
  • tstodd
    Options
    We've had them through my dh's work for the last 6 years without any problems. However, the coverage just changed at the first of the year and I'm not sure I like the new plan.