New to this site

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Erica.
My whole life, for as long as I can remember, I have been overweight. I'm hoping bringing in the new year will bring in some new lifestyle changes in my life. I've tried everything, fad diets, weight watchers, even starving myself. When I was in the ninth grade I would only eat one time a day and worked out for 2 hours after school. Needless to say it worked, but there were some consequences. A lot of my hair started to fall out, I was tired all the time, and very reclusive. I ended up losing 30 pounds altogether, but I wasn't happy. Now I've gained that thirty pounds back plus 40 more! I want to lose weight the right way and keep it off by making a huge lifestyle change. I'm currently a nursing student and when I graduate in 2015 I want to become that nurse that can be a great example for all my patients! BRING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH A BANG!

Replies

• Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)
  • elchild1993
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • tatole63
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is our year!
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    hey huni,
    welcome to mfp! I can totally relate to your story, I have always struggled with my weight as well and I'm determined to make this year my year! It always helps to have a strong support system so feel free to friend me if you looking for any cheerleaders! Your lucky your dedicating yourself know, I am a nurse as well and gained alot of my weight during nursing school. I wish that I had changed my eating and exercised the stress out rather then binge eat. The first step is always the hardest and you got this! It takes 66 days to form a habit so take one day at a time and before you know it youll be a whole new person!
    Many blessings and Namaste!
    Amanda
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Awesome that you've joined this site, it's helped me a lot, especially the motivating members:). Good luck!
  • elchild1993
    Options
    I hope so! I'm ready for a change!