runtastic pedometer app report

Options
I put the runtastic app on my Android phone today, and upgraded it to the pro version.

I took it out for a spin on the river trail here in Sacramento, because the trail has mile markers. I have to say that without any adjustments to the settings it was very accurate for distance. I checked with other sources regarding calories burned and it was accurate in that respect also.

Also, it automatically synced with my MFP diary, a very cool feature. Heck, you could wear this at work and have extra calories from walking when you get home.

It does suck down the phone battery pretty quickly, so put a full charge on your phone before leaving for your walk.

I did get a little carried away and didn't get back 'til sundown. With all the extra calories burned I had steak and a little champagne split for dinner to celebrate.

Cheers

- Mike

Replies

• ohthejules
    ohthejules Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your review! I'm considering doing the same. My concern was battery, too. I feel silly buying an external pedometer when my Samsung Galaxy SIII will certainly do it with the right app. GPS, blue tooth, and wi-fi certainly drain the battery fast, add to that using a music player for your walk and I could only hope I'd have enough battery for an emergency call, if needed!