Homemade Pizza Pockets

Options
Jennplus2
Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
Easy Stromboli Pizza Pockets
For a delicious variation on pizza, roll up favorite Italian ingredients in a Pillsbury pizza crust.

Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
Makes: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 (13.8-oz.) can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese (or less if you want less calories)
1/4 cup chopped green and/or red bell pepper, if desired
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
You could also add any veggies you like, just chop em up and throw em in!

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Set aside.
2. Unroll dough; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form 12x8-inch rectangle.
3. Spread sauce over dough to within 2 inches of long sides and 1/2 inch of short sides. Place cooked ground beef lengthwise down center, forming 3-inch-wide strip and to within 1/2 inch of short sides. Top with cheese, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Fold long sides of dough over filling; press edges to seal.
4. Bake at 400°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

NUTRITION INFORMATION:
1/6 of Recipe: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 630mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 17g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat

Note that this is not the healthiest recipe. But if you LOVE pizza like my family does this might be better than ordering a delivery. I also like that I can stop after one. With pizza I eat a few slices, but this only makes 6 servings so I put two away for lunch the next day (one for me one for my guy) and serve with some healthy veggies. Kids LOVE this, at least mine do. (my son can't have cheese so I make his dairy free)
Enjoy! :flowerforyou:

Replies