Tattoo reward for goal weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• Asimpson44
    Options
    I have three and each are significant. I also am a legal administrator at a law firm. Yes you can see my tats. Honey, if you want a tat don't let anyone talk you out of it. It's not a fad or a style, it's you. Love yourself. What do they look like when you age...a story of your life.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options

One concern I have that was voiced a few times from some responses was the fact that the dandelion is indeed plastered all over the Internet.. I don't want a tattoo that I can find inked on a million other people, but I really like the idea and am not sure how to make it my own. I was considering asking my best friend to design it for me,( I suck at drawing, she's awesome).

I have two paw prints on my calf, which is by all means a really popular/overused tattoo. However the paw prints are direct prints of my dog's feet, i stamped her feet onto a piece of paper with an ink pad and took that into the tattoo artist. So don't worry what other people think of it, just do what is right for you. don't get it if you have any doubt about where/how big/what. ultimately you will know what tattoo 'fits' where.

~from the girl with the paw prints tattoo
  • JohnCOConnor
    Options
    You wrote:

I'm hoping that this tattoo will be a constant reminder to be healthy and make smart lifestyle decisions, thereby avoiding tremendous weight gain in the future. I need opinions from others going through this difficult journey with me, and I would appreciate any input, either positive or negative! Thanks!

If you want a reminder forget the tattoo and put a before and after photo of yourself on your fridge.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. You have said you would get it in a discreet spot so it's not like it'll be across your face for the world to see.

You are doing it for you as motivation to stay healthy and a reminder of how far you've come. I say go for it.

I want to get one when I hit ONEderland as my reward.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i also say if you want one, get one. but really think about it. i got my 1st when i was 14- a really crappy winnie the pooh on my shoulder (hangs head in shame). now i'm 20 years older all i want to do is get it covered with something awesome! but i've also got 3 kids and a mortgage so it's going to have to wait a while!
    the other thing that is worth thinking about is the fact that tatts are very much the 'norm' now- i'm used to seeing them everywhere. i live in new zealand where it's something like 47% of people have them. it's often more surprising seeing someone without one (i was watching the MMA the other day, and there was this guy who didn't have a single one- he was really noticable because he was the ONLY one without ink).
    good luck. and don't worry about being all saggy and baggy with wrinkly skin. my mum reckons that by the time i'm in an old people's home i'll be half deaf from listening to the prodigy as loud as i can, with awesome calves from wearing my doc martens for 60+ years. she also thinks i'll be like a seive from all of the piercing holes. the tatts will be the last of my concerns!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a few tattoo's . I got my 1st one at 23 and I'll be 50 in 2 months. I plan on getting another one for my birthday. My only advice (which has been previously mentioned), think about what you want and go to a reputable/recommended artist. Oh and I have no regrets.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!