Exercise tips for a 1,000 calorie diet

Options
2»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Do you mind sharing us some stats? Like height, weight, body fat percentage (if known), etc.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    fixing some food and eating it would be fantastic exercise on a 1000 cal a day diet
    Lmso
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Here's my tips:

- Don't do a 1,000 cal diet. The deficit is too large. You don't burn FAT faster with that big of a deficit, the extra weight you may lose will come from your lean body mass. The really unfortunate thing is that LBM is MUCH harder to replace once it's lost than fat, so when you inevitably crash and burn on 1000 cals and regain weight, you will end up with proportionally MORE fat than you started with. Seriously. Don't discount what I'm saying here because you don't like that I said it's inevitable that you'll regain. Seriously consider that at the end IF you regain the weight (which you will) you will be fatter. It's the curse of the yo-yo diet.

- Start strength training YESTERDAY. You can do as much or as little cardio as you want, but devote 90 minutes a week to lifting, and your body will transform. Eat back your exercise calories, or at least most of them.

- Get enough protein, 1g/lb LBM, or if you don't know your LBM 100-120g is a good place for most women to start, call it an educated guess on my part.

-Keep your maximum deficit at 20% from your TDEE. Fat loss is proportional to how much you have to lose, not to your deficit. Of course, it is DRIVEN by your deficit, but there's an upper limit to how much actual FAT you can lose. If you can't lose more fat, why eat less?

- Log every morsel of food you eat. Get a food scale and weigh the morsels.

- Get off the scale, and take body measurements with a measuring tape, and take "before" pictures of every angle of your body in a swimsuit (or underwear, but you won't be able to post underwear shots here later when you do awesome!)

-Cut all excuses. ALL excuses.

That's pretty much it!
    & Yes! :]
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    If I were to adjust to a 1,200 calorie diet...?
    Once again:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

[ETA:] MoreBean hit it on the head. Read her advice carefully if you really want to succeed at this. Starvation doesn't accomplish the goal you're looking for.

THIS THIS THIS! Please don't eat 1,000 or even 1,200. It's recommended to not go below 1200 minimum but why give your body the minimum. Do you want minimum safety in your car, home, medical care, etc? Why give your body the minimum when you can feed yourself more and still lose weight?
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know I've seen at least two others say this, but I want to say it again because it works.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I've tried eating under 1500-- I only say 1500 compared to your 1000-1200 because I weigh more and need more to make me "full"-- and didn't lose anything, but following this program I lost about 2 pounds the first week, breaking my plateau and putting me under 200 finally. I work out 3-6 times a week.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I see you made your goal! That gives me inspiration. I am doing a medically supervised 1000 calorie a day diet and it is very healthy food. Once I get the fat off I can do the high intensity interval training and other things I love to do.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I see you made your goal! That gives me inspiration. I am doing a medically supervised 1000 calorie a day diet and it is very healthy food. Once I get the fat off I can do the high intensity interval training and other things I love to do.

OP hasn't posted in a year and still has '0 lbs lost'. This is not the success you are looking for.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

You may want to take a closer look at the OP's ticker

"goal "

jG3owEr.gif
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    fixing some food and eating it would be fantastic exercise on a 1000 cal a day diet

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Here's my tips:

- Don't do a 1,000 cal diet. The deficit is too large. You don't burn FAT faster with that big of a deficit, the extra weight you may lose will come from your lean body mass. The really unfortunate thing is that LBM is MUCH harder to replace once it's lost than fat, so when you inevitably crash and burn on 1000 cals and regain weight, you will end up with proportionally MORE fat than you started with. Seriously. Don't discount what I'm saying here because you don't like that I said it's inevitable that you'll regain. Seriously consider that at the end IF you regain the weight (which you will) you will be fatter. It's the curse of the yo-yo diet.

- Start strength training YESTERDAY. You can do as much or as little cardio as you want, but devote 90 minutes a week to lifting, and your body will transform. Eat back your exercise calories, or at least most of them.

- Get enough protein, 1g/lb LBM, or if you don't know your LBM 100-120g is a good place for most women to start, call it an educated guess on my part.

-Keep your maximum deficit at 20% from your TDEE. Fat loss is proportional to how much you have to lose, not to your deficit. Of course, it is DRIVEN by your deficit, but there's an upper limit to how much actual FAT you can lose. If you can't lose more fat, why eat less?

- Log every morsel of food you eat. Get a food scale and weigh the morsels.

- Get off the scale, and take body measurements with a measuring tape, and take "before" pictures of every angle of your body in a swimsuit (or underwear, but you won't be able to post underwear shots here later when you do awesome!)

-Cut all excuses. ALL excuses.

That's pretty much it!

In case you missed it. : )
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I recommend lifting;

Your fork to your mouth with an added 3-500 cals on top of your 1k a day.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.