What do you do when you feel lonely?

Options
I have been feeling lonely lately, thus my eating has suffered a bit. What things help you? (Oh i exercise :) )

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    O play with my kids. They are my world... I also call friends or hop on here. I dont get much time with my wife but i spend what time I can with her.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I like to be away from what makes me feel lonely. I will go to the store (preferably the book store), or I'll go do laundry. Sometimes these things don't work so I read a book or watch a movie. I have over time learned to not lean on foods shoulder, but it does take time. You'll get there too!
  • nchaffin
    Options
    SIng in my car... sing in the shower...

Listening to fun music....:glasses:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Call a friend or family. Read some of the motivational stories on here.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I call a friend, shop :happy: , go for a run, do crossword puzzles...I also think getting involved in some kind of charity or community service is a great tool for relieving lonliness. I got involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and it has changed my life.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I get out where there are people - sometimes just going to the grocery store helps - other times it is the park. If I really want a pick me up I go find a pet store with some puppies in it.