Intro...after a month of being on MFP

Options
I realized Ive been lurking and not posting anything. Ive enjoyed reading a lot of the posts and found a lot of them very informative. I figured it's time for me to jump in and speak up too!

So...hi!

My name's Simona, Im 37 and from Toronto. After many years of fad diets, starvation diets, pills and praying, I decided to do right by myself and my body and lose weight the sensible way....watch what I eat and exercise. No more diets for me!

I found MFP through my iPhone. I LOVE the app!

So far this month Ive lost 10lbs. Im VERY happy about that. Ive been exercising regularly which can be difficult because I have both Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I DO feel A LOT better when I exercise and I think it's helped me manage both conditions a lot better.

Im happy to have found a place that doesnt push one diet or the next.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO POSTING, AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to the boards and to MFP! These life style changes take time and when doing them properly are rewarded far better off than any fad diet! You're doing well, and with health issues I give kudos to you. So many people chalk out health once their own health becomes on the line. You're doing what's right and you're seeing progress! Be patient and accepting of your journey to better health. I look forward to reading more you have to say!
    :flowerforyou:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    OMG! SugarHi...220lbs lost?!?!?! That is INCREDIBLE! Kudos! Im hoping I can post that in the next few years :)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    If you have that much to lose, you will do it and I want to hear about every single pound you lose along the way!