being honest

Options
13»

Replies

• Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I started over eating in middle school. Teenage depression and self-loathing with parents who worked was a perfect recipe for after school pig-outs. I'd eat a whole box of mac & cheese plus chips and other snacks while cooking it. Then I'd have to eat a full dinner with family so my mom 'wouldn't know' I was food crazy all afternoon (mom's know everything; we never talked about my weight gain and how much mac & cheese we were going through).

I got used to the 'comfort food solution' and it stayed with me - I grew to like the heavy full feeling I had when I overate, it made me feel safe and warm and sleepy. Even today, after a stressful day, I find myself eating 3 or 4 bowls of cereal which gives me that full sleepy feeling, calming me down.

try a low cal healthy soup instead- one bowl without crackers and you feel full happy and sleepy :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm the weight I am now due to educating myself on nutrition, recording everything I eat on MFP and sticking to my calorie goal most of the time, regular exercise, and getting off of prescription sleeping pills.

I got fat before due to not caring. I love food (who doesn't?) and I didn't think I would ever be able to control myself around food to the point where I could lose a lot of weight, so I didn't see the point in watching what I ate at all. I didn't exercise because I always felt gross after eating too much and didn't want to move, and again, didn't think it mattered.
  • Summasinsation
    Summasinsation Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a great testimony, I believe when I began my stages of Menopause was when my weight gain began. At first, I paid no attention to the weight, I shrugged it off, but suddenly I had gone from an 8 to a 14 overnight! I didn't and still don't understand what my trigger foods are when it comes to my weight. I have to admit that as I get older my energy level is depleted and at times I don't want to work out. I'm a finicky eater, I didn’t like drinking water and I find it impossible to eat 6 meals a day.

I want to lose the weight for health reasons and feel better about myself. It’s a struggle but it’s nice to be able to share my failures and success as I try to get me back! Good luck to everyone in the New Year, if you don’t achieve your goal don’t be discouraged, keep pushing ahead! I know I am! :flowerforyou:
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Food = love :/ I'm not a good cook. Food gives me something to look forward to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options
    Because I was bulking up!!! Now it's time to start cutting up slowly!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition