Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing

Options
Hello All,

I LOVE 30 Day Shred and I'm SLOWLY :grumble: beginning to like her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. I really like the first circuit (not the warm up) in the BFBM DVD and any of the kickboxing stuff. I just found out she has a kickboxing DVD and wanted to see what people think. I also wanted to see if there are any other suggestions for good kickboxing DVDs out there.

Thank you!!!

Replies

• Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    How do you record your 30 day shred in your exercise log? I loooove that! I do it every day--started level 2 this week and it is kicking my butt. Such an increase from level 1---but it is AMAZING!
  • callie365
    Options
    I havent done it in a long while, but I like Jillian Michaels Cardio Kick Boxing dvd. It a very good work out if you can get past her LOUD MOUTH... screaming. :frown: Just started her Shred again, after I am done with, I hope to be doing a mix up of BFBM, No More Trouble Zones and The CKBoxing. She has a new Yoga dvd coming out soon.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty good workout, but seems a bit "thrown together" production value wise, like they didn't rehearse anything, but just let the cameras roll.

It's not rocket science...it consists of intervals of jumping jacks, but kickers, speed skaters, etc...mixed in with shadow boxing.

All that being said, I enjoy it, and if you're looking to mix things up and can find a good price on it, (and like Jillian's style in general) I say go for it.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    How do you record your 30 day shred in your exercise log? I loooove that! I do it every day--started level 2 this week and it is kicking my butt. Such an increase from level 1---but it is AMAZING!

I log it as circuit training (I found that from seraching the posts on here :smile: )
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Level 2 is SO much harder then level 1. I actually think it's harder then level 3 :laugh: I log it as circuit training general. I just got a HRM and logging it that was was only off by a couple calories. I also log it as 20 min.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I havent done it in a long while, but I like Jillian Michaels Cardio Kick Boxing dvd. It a very good work out if you can get past her LOUD MOUTH... screaming. :frown: Just started her Shred again, after I am done with, I hope to be doing a mix up of BFBM, No More Trouble Zones and The CKBoxing. She has a new Yoga dvd coming out soon.

Does she have the same attitude in the kickboxing one as in the other DVDs. She really doesn' t bother me at all in 30DS or BFBM. Her arms motivate me, I want my arms to look like hers.
  • callie365
    Options
    The CKB did come in a boxed set of 4.... in the series... she is alot younger and not so much of a tip giving instructor/ trainer as in 30 Day Shred... but full of herself ... the work out is worth looking over that! Do you have Netflix, to give it a try?

ME TOO- ME Too... I'd love to have her shoulders
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I've just started doing home work outs and now I wish we had netflix or something to try them out. I normally just take the recommendations of my friend but I'm not sure she knows about this dvd.

I was watching a 6 min arm workout thing OnDemand and she was showing how to do some arm stuff and then she would say, "do 15 reps of this, then 30 seconds of jumping jacks." Her arms looked so awesome it made me want to do the program :O) Awesome arms!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Hello All,

I LOVE 30 Day Shred and I'm SLOWLY :grumble: beginning to like her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. I really like the first circuit (not the warm up) in the BFBM DVD and any of the kickboxing stuff. I just found out she has a kickboxing DVD and wanted to see what people think. I also wanted to see if there are any other suggestions for good kickboxing DVDs out there.

Thank you!!!
    I have been doing the 10 minute Solutions Knockout Body. It is broken up into 5 10 min segments, you can set up to do them in whatever order or combination you want. I got it as a set with a pair of weighted gloves. I actually found I get more of a workout from this one than I do from Billy Blanks Bootcamp and I like it better than BFBM. I haven't tried the 30 day shred yet, but I picked it up a week ago.
  • callie365
    Options
    I've just started doing home work outs and now I wish we had netflix or something to try them out. I normally just take the recommendations of my friend but I'm not sure she knows about this dvd.

I was watching a 6 min arm workout thing OnDemand and she was showing how to do some arm stuff and then she would say, "do 15 reps of this, then 30 seconds of jumping jacks." Her arms looked so awesome it made me want to do the program :O) Awesome arms!

JM was on the 6 min demand?

I do use my Netflix to try first before I buy. I also go to Amazon.com, its a good place to buy and you can usually find reviews on items you want to purchase. Thats where I bought the CKB... it came with JM Beginners Frontside and Backside.
  • Sally422
    Sally422 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is a kick boxing DVD in "Quick Fix Total Cardio Mix." I like it - there are 3 10-minute workouts, each concentrating on different areas of the body. The package comes with a hip-hop DVD, as well. It looks like a lot of fun, but I have no rhythm and no sense of where my arms and legs are going, so can't follow it. I've tried a few times, but to no avail. But if you have ANY rhythm, it might be a nice bonus to the Kick Boxing DVD for you.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

JM was on the 6 min demand?

I do use my Netflix to try first before I buy. I also go to Amazon.com, its a good place to buy and you can usually find reviews on items you want to purchase. Thats where I bought the CKB... it came with JM Beginners Frontside and Backside.

Yeah, there was a 6 min arm thing so I thought I'd watch it (I don't normally watching something that's 6 min because I always thought they were advertisements or something) it was pretty neat. She would show you different arm things to do and then tell you where it would improve and how many reps then she would follow up each one by saying "then 30 seconds of jumping jacks".
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Thank you for the other ideas too. I bought the Cardio Kickboxing and I am going to try it out tomorrow. I may check those other two out too. Thanks!
  • callie365
    Options
    You did!! :happy: ... let me know how you like... ok?

JM Beginners Frontside and Backside... is like curcuit training/ sets, with JM training, Biggest Losers, Kimmie, Pete & Shane taking turns.. they are fun but time consumming! Might be to easy if you have done the Shred!?!?
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I have a front side and back side DVD but I haven't even watched the yet. I'm trying so hard to drop as much weight as I can (despite sitting on the couch eating candy today) before my vacation next month that I'm going for more high burn DVDs rather then strength DVDs. I should really try the ones I have at some point...I should also make a visit some time soon to the gym I joined last month :laugh:

Are the DVD's your talking about the ones that came in the box set? I got just the cardio kickboxing one by itself, I didn't want more then I would use.

I am debating about doing BFBM or KB tonight. I should have done them while my daughter was napping, but I'm feeling lazy today and don't wanna.
  • callie365
    Options
    I am talking about the Beginners Frontside & Beginners Frontside. White & light blue packages.

Are you talking about the original Black & Red set it was 5 not 4 like I told ya.........The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: The Complete Body Workout (5-Disc DVD Set: Shape Up - Front, Shape Up - Back, Cardio Kickbox, Maximize - Full Frontal, Maximize - Back in Action) You have?

Well any - hoo... you have MAJOR INCENTIVE... VK !!! Were are you going?
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I think I'm talking about the white and light blue one, I actually haven't even really looked at the cover. I need to start stepping up my at home workout to more then 20 min if I do 30DS and more then the 40 of BFBM. Especially since I seem to take more rest days then I use to :sick:
    My husband, 2 year old daughter and I are taking our first real vacation (since I was pregnant with her) to good ol' Oklahoma :laugh: My daughter gets to meet her daddy's side of the family for the first time. Should be interesting because she's super shy and will probably sit on my lap the entire week. We are meeting up with some old friends and going to the zoo and a few other "kid friendly" places. I've accepted I will gain while I'm on vacation, since it is a place I use to live and there are pizza places, mexican places, etc that I have been craving for 3 years now, I just don't want to end up at 200 again when I get back. I'm down to 197, but was really hoping to be at the 180's before I left. I think I can make it and not gain more then 5. I'm planning to bring BFBM with me since I burn 600 when I put my heart into it. Plus we will be walking more and I'm planning to basically eat fruit and veggies except for the meals out. I'm excited, we really need to get away for a bit.
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi kiffy

Your VK sounds like a real treat...... places & food wise!!

Hey I've been there & done it. VK's seem and should be a big splurge.. but really I think its about whatever limits you place on yourself.

I hope you & your family have lots of fun!:smile:
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I go back and forth on what my plan will be. I think, "really? its just food!" but then I think "I haven't had this food in 3 years. If knew the last time my grandma was going to make her mashed potatoes and gravy I would have eaten the whole batch." We will see how it ends when I get home. Either way, I will be happy because a vacation is a vacation, right?
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Grandma Potatoes :laugh: :laugh:

Yes your right... any VK is a GOOD thing!! :smile: