Pilates?

Options
Hi,

Does anyone do pilates? Do you think it gives a good calorie burn or is it just good for toning? I don't think the excercise exists in the database so can you advise what to note this under.

Thanks

Replies

• rileya
    rileya Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    This site has an estimate of the calories burned by pilates...hope this helps. I do pilates all the time...it is great for the abs :)
  • calvarado
    Options
    I LOVE pilates- I take as many classes as I can. I had never found it either.. will have to check PP....
  • calvarado
    Options
    hmmmm, I checked the site out... idk- but better than no estimate at all!! It's a great workout, and great for toning... It's as hard or as easy as you want to make it on yourself!
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    I went off the deep end and bought the one from Home Shopping network. I had previously attempted a class and Windsor DVDs however I did not stick with those but this will be adhered to. I believe its going to be good and it takes very little space in the house.274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tatishamendez
    tatishamendez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love pilates, and I know lots of people that have changed the shape of their bodies because of pilates..After class you should always do some cardio though,,just to burn some extra calories.:flowerforyou:
  • my2boystx
    Options
    I love Pilates, after working out with a trainer for a year I don't find it's much of a workout for me but more stretching. I still do like to do it though. I think it could be a great workout, I would just suggest adding cardio afterwards.