Exercise calories, conflicting information

Options
2»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    All the numbers given on MFP (and other websites) are estimates only. They may or may not work for you. Keep records and pay attention.

I found that eating back exercise calories made me gain weight. Either my BMR or TDEE is lower than estimated or I was burning fewer calories than estimated. This time I'm starting with NOT eating back exercise calories and will adjust from there. I don't think it's as easy to slip into starvation mode as some here seem to believe.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 worth...

Do what works for you but BE CONSISTENT!!!

If you use MFP as it is intended (set up based solely on your everyday life (less activity), logging exercise calories, eat them back), then measure your results and and adjust calories as needed.

If you calculate your exercise in your TDEE, then still measure your results and adjust as necessary.

They biggest key is to give it time. Go for a few weeks before weighing yourself and making adjustments.

Best of luck!
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    i usually eat some of them back.exercise calories are just a nice little cushion for me if i turn out to be hungry later on in the day.
    so it doesnt hurt to eat them back! i used to not eat them back and i found that i was more drained throughout the day.
    so i would suggest to eat some of them back atleast!(:
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Do whatever you find works for you :) thats what i do and it works :smokin:

Everybody is different some people naturally have a faster metabolism than others :drinker: