What's your New Years tradition/activity for midnight?

Options
covertsnake
covertsnake Posts: 4 Member
I've always thought having sex was the best way to ring in the new year. What are you going to be doing at the stroke of midnight?

Replies

• ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've always thought having sex was the best way to ring in the new year. What are you going to be doing at the stroke of midnight?

Yep, that pretty much covers it.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    usually I was drinking with friends and/or family
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    sadly, I'll be sleeping. with a 5 month old and a toddler, sleep is like gold. If I'm up at midnight it will be because one of my kiddos is crying.
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    I like the kiss :o
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sitting at this desk at work. :grumble:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sitting at this desk at work. :grumble:
    This blows I concur.

But you won;'t still be here at midnight lol?!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Only year I can recall getting a kiss at midnight was NYE 2008 haha

I'm spending the evening with my kido - we may or may not make it till midnight?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    After midnight, my family all gathers (there's about 25 of us) in the main living room then the kids (12 and under) sit on the floor while my uncle tosses a combination of quarters, dimes and nickels onto the floor. After about 5 minutes of this, then the adults get on the floor...........................and it's a free for all as my uncle tosses handfuls of coins! People are climbing, ribbing, pushing, etc. to pick up coins! I've done this with them since '94 and the reasoning behind is that taking money in at the beginning of the year is "good luck". Must be working because my wife and I haven't ever had any money problems since we've been together.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    After midnight, my family all gathers (there's about 25 of us) in the main living room then the kids (12 and under) sit on the floor while my uncle tosses a combination of quarters, dimes and nickels onto the floor. After about 5 minutes of this, then the adults get on the floor...........................and it's a free for all as my uncle tosses handfuls of coins! People are climbing, ribbing, pushing, etc. to pick up coins! I've done this with them since '94 and the reasoning behind is that taking money in at the beginning of the year is "good luck". Must be working because my wife and I haven't ever had any money problems since we've been together.

IDEA Fitness member

Great tradition!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I take my daughter (6yo) to a Bonfire and fireworks show (professional pyrotechnics because I have the best friends). We drink hot chocolate & wassail and roast marshmellows.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

Already done it ... stroke is right too : D
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    someday I'll be under the aurora borealis I'll have my NYE whatchacallit. "little death"
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
  • Strobins05
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

What a great family tradition:flowerforyou:
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    half-sticks lit off to wake up the neighborhood and simulate apocalypse ultimately scaring the **** out of everyone!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A whole lot of this (unfortunately without Paul Rudd)
    tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have to clean my entire place before midnight or those black ghosts from Ghost will carry me to the great below.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Sleeping.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Booze, friends and a bonfire. Unfortunately, the -9 temp may rule out the bonfire or make it shorter :grumble:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This year.....probably be sleeping.