Turning 40 this year!

Options
Hi,
I'm turning 40 this year and I want to lose the 3/4 stone that I have put on in the last year and keep it off.

I've been lucky in that until recently I haven't struggled too much with my weight (although would always like to have been a bit smaller), however this year I have been taking a drug mirtazapine which is well known for weight gain. I've gained 3/4 stone and half heartedly tried to lose it but with no success so given up. I'm 40 in April and we are going on a big family holiday then so I want to have made decent progress by then!

I currently weigh 134lb and am 5ft 3.5 and my previous weight was about 124lb so would be happy with that, although would lose a bit more if I could. I just need motivation which is where I hope this will help...as often my motivation is short lived!

I do exercise a bit, generally run about 10 miles a week over 2/3 days, do a zumba class and have just started NEw Rules of Lifting for Women, so am hoping that if I maintain this and improve/reduce my eating I'll reach my goal : )

Thanks for listening, I hope to see you on the boards soon :smile:

Replies

• hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 too in 2013 and want to lose at least a stone by June. Sending you a friend request :)