What time of the day do you exercise?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think you should try out both and see what works out for you. I can do either or, while certain friends of mine could never do an early am workout. It really depends on you.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I work out right away in the morning. I find I have a lot more energy throughout the day after a good morning burn. Also, I work a desk job and find that I get really antsy and jittery if I don't get a morning workout in.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If it's cardio, I do it mid to late afternoon. I tried mornings, but I am not morning person and I am just pooped. When I do pilates or circuit training type stuff, I do it at night. Last night I did pilates before I went to bed at 2:30 am and I fell asleep right after. It's not normally that late, usually it's around 11.
  • TattooedPinUpGal
    Options
    I love waking up at the crack of dawn to hit up the running trails. It is always a satisfying feeling afterwards. And no-one is usually out at 4 am in the morning. It seems more serene. :smile:
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Right now I do evening because i have a hard time waking up so early but sometimes I do find it hard to relax. I need to find a balance.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Round 3-4pm give or take. If we had street lights and no deer I'd walk around the neighboorhood at night. Instead I just get on the treadmill then.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well now I work nights so I usually work out around 1 p.m. but when I previously had a traditional 8-5ish schedule, I much preferred working out at night. I always worked out from about 8:30-10 p.m. and then went to bed about 11 or 11:30 and had no issues. Slept great. I think it depends on if you are a morning or a night person. I am a zombie in the morning and trying to wake up early is torture.

I also really like evening hikes and walks in the spring and fall...beautiful sunsets.
  • Angecus
    Angecus Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I plan on going at around 10am.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I almost always work out in the evening between 7-8 and I'm in bed by 10:30 (up between 5:15-6 depending on the day). I'm a full time nursing student, wife and mom. That's the only time I can get it in. I never have a problem falling asleep but I'm pretty beat but the end of the day anyhow LOL

If you do have sleep issues you can always try some melatonin before bed.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have time really.

I try not to work out too late in the evenings as I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning workouts, but just because I'm a morning person.
    When I do work out in the evening, I have no trouble sleeping as I'm generally exhausted from the day + exercise.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can barely wake up on time as it is - NOT a morning person. So I went the night workout route. I'm usually done by 8 pm and in bed by 10. I have not found that it affects my sleep negatively though I can imagine it would if I went to bed immediately after. By the time I've showered and relaxed some, I'm good to go. If I actually was a morning person (I really wish I was, honestly), I think I'd prefer to workout in the mornings.
  • I workout in the morning and at night. I don't have a choice when I teach night classes.
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i definitely prefer working out in the mornings, i always feel in a better mood if i start the day that way. also, if i decide to work out after work, im so tired by the time i get home that i just dont bother.