New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hi, I am a young mom who is also a full time student. I am at a cross roads in my life as I am about to embark on my new career on one year and I do not feel comfortable in my own body. I would like to lose around forty to fifty pounds. However, I realize that food is a very large crutch to me. I do not remember how I exactly became addicted to food. As a teenager I was constantly active and during college I managed to keep the weigh off even with the late night partying and eating. However, after college once I joined the work force the pounds packed on. Then during my pregnancy I was on bed rest for 5 months. However, it was during this time and post pregnancy that I really gained weight. Both my husband and my child are skinny and I want to keep it that way. I also do not want to become so obese that I cannot keep up with them. Lately, I find that all I want to do is sleep. And I was recently diagnosed with GERD. So now I know it is time to make a change. I am a firm believer that you cannot manage what you cannot measure.

Replies

• photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    My mom has GERD. She sleeps on a pile of pillows to keep her more upright. She says in college that she put her bed on blocks at one end to help.

What do you mean by, "you cannot manage what you cannot measure"?
  • lnixon
    Options
    @lazygirllosesweight - for me the saying means that I cannot manage my weight because I was not measuring what I was eating or how I was exercising. I would start walking or dieting and think that I was doing a really great job only to find the scale move up. And I am so tired of that so hopefully this website can help.

@ photoman67 - Thank you. I really need it.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @lazygirllosesweight - for me the saying means that I cannot manage my weight because I was not measuring what I was eating or how I was exercising. I would start walking or dieting and think that I was doing a really great job only to find the scale move up. And I am so tired of that so hopefully this website can help.

Come join our group called Fab Fours under the Motivation/Support Topic: we set an attainable goal that we could reach in four weeks (hence the Fab Four title) Tuesday is our weigh in day and next Tuesday will be the end of this four week challenge but then we set another four week challenge. You may join any time in fact we have had probably eight join in the last two weeks! We are fun and very supportive!!! Just tell them Verda sent ya! LOL Even if you do not join us for support and accountability I truly wish for you to reach your personal goals!
    Verda
  • vhuber
    Options

Come join our group called Fab Fours under the Motivation/Support Topic: we set an attainable goal that we could reach in four weeks (hence the Fab Four title) Tuesday is our weigh in day and next Tuesday will be the end of this four week challenge but then we set another four week challenge. You may join any time in fact we have had probably eight join in the last two weeks! We are fun and very supportive!!! Just tell them Verda sent ya! LOL Even if you do not join us for support and accountability I truly wish for you to reach your personal goals!
    Verda
  • vhuber
    Options

Verda
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    . I am a firm believer that you cannot manage what you cannot measure.
    :drinker: :wink:

Great to have you here, you can do it, so much support here! That last line will get you where you want to be!! If you know that from the getgo you're further than most in this world:flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Wow something messed up there! Sorry that it posted three times!!!!:blushing:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Wow something messed up there! Sorry that it posted three times!!!!:blushing:

It might still let you edit the other two out, can't recall if it's 10 or 15 minutes it gives you?:tongue:

Course then again, you can simply leave and nobody's going to mind. It just makes you sound excited! :laugh: :flowerforyou: