Barbie Stats

Options
Found these, and I thought I should share them... This is why she isn't allowed in my house for my daughters...

If Barbie were an actual women, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe.
• Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs.
• At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.
• If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
• Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.

This is what I grew up with, wanting to look like. I do not want my daughters to feel the same way....The media will hurt them enough. There are plenty of other toys that they can have and have fun with.

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    How much does she squat, deadlift and bench?
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I always hated Barbies. I would pull their heads and legs off and stuff them in a drawer. But I don't forbid my daughters from playing with them. They've never really been interested.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

400lb, 350lb, 275lb.
    Barbie has a solid core.
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Haha. I love you.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I always hated Barbies. I would pull their heads and legs off and stuff them in a drawer. But I don't forbid my daughters from playing with them. They've never really been interested.

same. I was more of a my little ponys type of kid ;)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    I would pull their heads and legs off and stuff them in a drawer.

*cough* serial killer *cough*
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Barbie's proportions changed recently. I'd like to see this old copy/paste updated.
  • aBoldengirl
    Options
    I don't like my daughters playing with Barbie for the same reason. However, I let them be kids and purchased her anyway. However, as they got older (they are 6 and 4 now) they discovered that Barbie and princesses are not as "magical" as they originally thought. I love that they figured this out independently!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about my daughter playing with Bratz dolls. Have you seen the size of their heads?? I'm afraid my daughter will be self conscious about her average sized head and will think it's too small.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about my daughter playing with Bratz dolls. Have you seen the size of their heads?? I'm afraid my daughter will be self conscious about her average sized head and will think it's too small.

those bratz dolls seem like a bunch of hoochie mamas... hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mamas!!
  • aBoldengirl
    Options

those bratz dolls seem like a bunch of hoochie mamas... hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mamas!!

Ha! Finally someone agrees with me!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I got something called a Maxie Doll instead of a Barbie once. She was taller, thicker, and had normal feet. I wonder what ever happened to Maxie? At the time, I hated her. Now I kinda wish she'd been more prominent.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I had barbies and never once used them as criteria for judging my own body. It's a doll...I think magazines are more damaging because they take real people and edit the pictures to unrealistic standards. A toy is a toy though. But if I have daughters and they're anything like me, they'll be too busy building lego houses for the barbies that they won't even notice her body.
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    i loved barbie..they have awesome clothes and pretty hair. I could less about their proportions..i never thought about that while I was playing with them. I just thought they were pretty and fun :)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    I don't let my son play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It gives him the wrong impression that super hero ninjas have to be mutant turtles and I don't want him drinking ooze to try and become one. OH WAIT IT'S A TOY!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    871320734_3eefe4c80e.jpg
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options

HAHAHAAA!! Love this!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options

LOVE My Little Pony when they were cute and fat like ponies should be...now they are skinny and creep me out...
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Funny - I don't recall ever really playing with Barbies - but I never wanted to be like her. She was never my inspiration when I actually did suffer from an ED. I am 5'9" and have never thought 110 would be a good weight! She was a doll.... a pretty doll.

Much like someone saying be like a Cabbage Patch in my eyes.... its a toy - nothing that should be strived for as a real human!

My daughter fell into the Barbie craze and has them all over her room. Never once has she said "Mom, I want to look like this "Shopping Day Barbie" when I get big" - its a TOY!!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

if my little ponies were real , they'd be a foot tall with eyes 1 inch in diameter... and super creepy.