Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Walmart
    Target
    Kohls

^For the cheap stuff

I have a nice Moving Comfort sports bra that I spent $50 on....but it was worth every penny. Other than that, I buy cheap workout clothes. If the idea is to get all sweaty and stinky in them and then to lose enough weight that they don't fit anymore, I don't see the point in spending a lot.
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I second the person who said JCPenney. Their clothes are right on trend and cute! I also like Old Navy for yoga pants. Very Stylish. :)
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    WALMART! Although I am super jealous of the girls who buy their workout clothes from LuLuLemon *sigh* Those tops and pants look great but are SO PRICEY :(
    Walmart workout clothes are great and I can get like 3 outfits for $100!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Target
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I went to Old Navy after Christmas and bought 3 sports bras for $5 dollar each. A lot of their athletic stuff is in clearance so I was getting yoga pants for under $10.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ditto on old navy and target. All of my work out stuff came from there, except for one or two tops I picked up at TJ Maxx (I actually bought 2 champion wicking shirts in the TJ Maxx men's section, they were a lot cheaper than the ones in the ladies section).
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    tj maxx has some & guess what? I've been picking up some at good wills in upscale neighborhoods since the idea is I"m going to get smaller anyway :) and get washed often
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc....

Seriously, you're going to sweat in what you're working out in! Don't spend a ton of money on things!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Swap meet, Goodwill, no holes or tears and sometimes they still have the tags on them. I pay anywhere from $2 to $5 per piece.

As to the sports bras. I was big before an they didn't hold me in, now I'm small and they don't do anything for me. I wear a one piece bathing suit from Big 5 and it holds all of it in including my stomach. If I lift my arms for any reason and my shirt goes up, they see my swim suit, not my gut or anything else.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I hate Walmart since everyone will have the same thing. Marshall's is great I got Jockey and Pony running shorts for $5 each!
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure where you could find really colourful or patterned clothes. i do wish makers of these items would use a good, thick fabric for the crotch area though! i just bought a pair of pants the other week and the thigh area is already wearing. boo!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can get used stuff cheap on ebay and Amazon, as well as at your local discount stores, I'm sure. I get a lot at Modell's, TJ Maxx, and other discount retailers. I love colorful exercise clothes !!!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've bought stuff from Target and TJ Maxx. I haven't gone to the more expensive stores because I don't want to spend extra money for something that may not fit in a couple months.
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    from a workout clothes shop

Really? People that respond to questions like this should have a New Year's resolution NOT to. It isn't needed. Keep it to yourself.

I love Target's Champion brand... Have eyed some of the Tech Gear at Kohl's but haven't bought anything... if you like stuff at Hot Topic then buy it and wear it... who says you have to wear a speficic thing to work out in?

However, workout t-shirts are usually more comfortable to sweat in than regular cotton t-shirts but they are more expensive so you have to decide what is your price range and then shop around.

I'm actually headed to TJ Maxx today to pick up some stuff (gift card for christmas). Saw some workout pants there that are similar to Champion at Target but are 14.99 versus 24.99.
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    Khols always has workout stuff on sale. That's where I have gotten the majority of my stuff. Clearance rack is always a must.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you go to mo's :wink: and theyre on clearence now i think modells
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Thrift shops (got several sweat wicking shirts for $3-4 each), ON yoga pants $4 each
    Walmart-sometimes
    Rugged Warehouse- hit or miss on what they have but are really cheap
    Just My Size-Glamorize sports bra, their Champion stuff is a little pricier than I like but they have decent quality stuff
    Target-nothing fits me there
    Old Navy-vanity sizing-their clothes fit, good prices, cute, run a little big
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing and getting smaller, I would only buy inexpensive like everyone else is saying, Target, TJ Maxx, etc. However, it really depends on your activity preference, so a sporting good store isn't such a bad answer after all. They can check your gait and help you select gear specifically for what you like to do.

I buy at Lucy (running pants that cross over to cardio yoga) and Sports Basement (pants for long distance, also super supportive bras and my running shoes) because I like very specific running wear that doesn't slide around. I hate pulling up my pants or joggling around too much when I run or do high cardio.

For lifting shoes, I always fine great Nikes at Nordstrom Rack, because my running shoes aren't the greatest for balance, I need something flatter for that.
  • DeMimiaf
    DeMimiaf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I got my workout Capri at Walmart. Also I have lots of old tshirt to wear. Also got my running shoes on clearance from Kohls. I'm good to go..
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are located but I find my workout clothes at Outlet stores -Nike, Adidas, Under Arnor all have options that will work with your style. But in the end it's not what you wear, it's what you do!

^^ Perfect answer.