Most recommended diet plan?

Options
Hi! So I know there are so many main stream diet plans to help with weight loss goals, so are there any recommendations at which ones help or are good. I don't want to say "the best" because not all diet plans work with everyone and I know they require a lot from the person, i.e... dedication, exercise, and support. So does anyone have any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A moderate calorie deficit - eat "healthy, nutritious" foods most of the time. Allow treats as they fit your calorie and macro goals.

That's all it takes :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A moderate calorie deficit - eat "healthy, nutritious" foods most of the time. Allow treats as they fit your calorie and macro goals.

^^yep
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options

^^yep

+1
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

^^yep

+1
    ^ What they said.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eat less, work out more.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

^^yep

+1
    ^ What they said.
    Ditto.

If that seems really daunting, then there's the "take one small step at a time" plan. That means that you make your healthy changes one at a time, waiting until one change becomes habit before introducing a second one, instead of all at once.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

^^yep

+1
    ^ What they said.
    ^this.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1) Set caloric goal.
    2) Eat within said goal.
    3) Exercise.
    4) Measure results.
    5) Adjust as necessary.
    6) Go back to step #1.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,703 Member
    Options

THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

^^yep

+1
    ^ What they said.
    Ditto.

If that seems really daunting, then there's the "take one small step at a time" plan. That means that you make your healthy changes one at a time, waiting until one change becomes habit before introducing a second one, instead of all at once.

Yes. This.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just eat clean and meet your macro goals.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The best plan is the one you can stick to. To me that means moderation, not restricting any specific food group, and a moderate deficit.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Moderation. Exercise. Lots of fruits and veggies, less food from a box?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The best plan is not to diet but change your lifestyle. Teach yourself to make better choices and about portion control. Exercise and figure out what works for you.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The best plan is not to diet but change your lifestyle. Teach yourself to make better choices and about portion control. Exercise and figure out what works for you.

^^^^^^this
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    This - - >>

^^yep

+1
    ^ What they said.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The one thats not a diet, based on returning to common sense and fueling your workouts.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    And find out how much you are eating before you decide to eat less. You may not lose weight cause you aren't eating enough. I couldn't lose for 5 months cause I kept eating less and working out more. Turns out eating 1200 calories don't mix well will burning 3-5000 calories a week.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I know there are so many main stream diet plans to help with weight loss goals, so are there any recommendations at which ones help or are good. I don't want to say "the best" because not all diet plans work with everyone and I know they require a lot from the person, i.e... dedication, exercise, and support. So does anyone have any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Are you being ironic? Your on a calorie counting website asking about the best diet plan. Seriously?
  • chgn4me
    chgn4me Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you responses!

I was not being ironic. I know this is a calorie counting website but my food discipline is way lacking and that is the hardest part for me. I was asking, I guess If there was any form of structure or plan that helped with jump starting and also gave me a baseline or ideas to start. Something that was very disciplined for someone who isn't as nutritionally savvy.

Thanks again everyone for your input.