why am i so hungry??

Options
some days i can go be fine with 800 calories and somedays (today) I'm frikkin starving all day!

Replies

• nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try eating more than 800 calories.....just a thought.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? Based on personal experience, exercise can sometimes depress my appetite the day of, and then I'll be ravenously hungry the next day. Oh, also, if you aren't getting enough of some nutrient, that can manifest itself as hunger.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Because 800 calories isn't enough for an adult.

MFP recommends a minimum of 1200.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? Based on personal experience, exercise can sometimes depress my appetite the day of, and then I'll be ravenously hungry the next day. Oh, also, if you aren't getting enough of some nutrient, that can manifest itself as hunger.

yea i think it has to do witth excercise so what do i do about it??
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Eat.
  • bluecrayonz
    Options

Eat.

but then i wont lose weight cuz im eating back the deficit!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Eat.

^^ This.. 800 calories is way to low.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Eat.

No, that's not the way MFP works. Your deficit is already built into your day. When you exercise you make the deficit too large (check out your "NET" calories). You should be NETTING at the very least 1200 cals a day.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    800 cals a day is not enough, not eating back exercise calories puts you deeper in the nutrition hole.

take a look at this link form helloitsdan. He explains how to set up you calorie target so you get a realistic number that you can live with. 800 calories a day is a not enough to keep you alive and healthy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    800 calories???? no wonder you are starving! RIDICULOUS!
  • bluecrayonz
    Options

Eat.

No, that's not the way MFP works. Your deficit is already built into your day. When you exercise you make the deficit too large (check out your "NET" calories). You should be NETTING at the very least 1200 cals a day.

im eating 1200 a day its only when i really dont feel hungry that im around800 to 1000. this hungriness would be me well over 1200 probably around 1600
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    lol everyone here is right, 800 is not enough... that being said, I feel the same way you do. Some days I could eat the world and some days I could care less. If I weren't counting and tracking calories, I'd only eat when I was hungry... not because I haven't hit a certain number for the day. Therefore, I don't push myself to up my intake if I'm really not hungry. My body knows what it's doing :smile:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Eat.

You're already at an ENORMOUS deficit! If you ate the minimum MFP recommends you'd still be at a huge deficit. If you don't eat exercise calories back on top of not eating enough you're just wrecking your health. You're hungry for a reason - your body is begging you to feed it. Eat something healthy.

And read this -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options

Eat.

tumblr_m4v0y114Jg1rv8jpzo1_400.gif
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am really hungry especially in the evenings. I do think you should be eating more than 800 calories though. Hunger doesn't build, and it does go away if you wait it out. I am never hungry in the morning when I wake up.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

Eat.

The deficit was already calculated in when you set up your MFP goals. By exercising, you are creating more of a deficit, which clearly isn't a good idea given how hungry you are.

Think of it like a personal budget. Let's say you have gotten into some debt, and paying it off requires you to save $35 a week. So, you make sure that you have an extra $5 left over each day. Now, you could theoretically save up more than that by cutting expenses elsewhere, paying off your debt faster. But there's a limit to how much you can do that. You still need money for rent, utilities, food, etc. If you try to save too much by cutting from your food budget, you are going to be hungry and unhappy. If you save up so much you can't make rent, you'll get evicted, you won't be able to shower, you will be fired for you job for being stinky, and now you won't even have any income to save up to continue to pay off the debt.

Dieting is kind of like that. You need to cut calories, but if you do too many, you'll be unhappy, and if you do way too many, it's counterproductive.

I hope that made sense. :flowerforyou:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With only 15 lbs to lose your deficit should only be 250 calories. So you can probably lose at 1700-2100 calories. Eating 800 will only cause you to lose muscle, keeping you flabby and never reaching your ideal body image.
  • bluecrayonz
    Options
    CLARIFYING: im FRIKKING EATING lol im not anorexic. The 800 calories is only on random days that i really dont feel hungry at all.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else....800 is too low.
    Put something in your mouth.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    CLARIFYING: im FRIKKING EATING lol im not anorexic. The 800 calories is only on random days that i really dont feel hungry at all.

No one is saying anything about anorexia. All I suggested is that you look at your calorie counter on your news feed page. At the top, on the far right are the words "net calories". What are you netting every day? If it is less than 1200 you are in too deep of a deficit. Does that make sense?