exercise dvds that work to lose tum fat!

has anybody had any exercise dvds that help you get rid of the tummy fat and also tone up?

or can anybody suggest any good ones :)

thanks x

Replies

• nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pak and her Killer Abds.

I have done the 6 Week 6 Pak through Levels 1 & 2 two times and now I am doing her Killer Abds...Level 1. She has 3 levels on this DVD.

I have been happy with the results. I have not taken a picture since about Thanksgiving time. I have lost 4 1/2 inches (Last measured a few weeks ago) around the waist since September 2012. You can go to my profile pictures to check out the before
    and after pictures. The next pictures and measurements will be in mid Feb. after I complete a 10-week group I am currently in.

And yes, you do tone up in the abds and probably other areas too. How much toning in other parts of your body? That I couldn't answer for sure because I do other exercise programs in conjunction with Jillian's DVD's.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You can't spot reduce. Fat reduction happens with diet, fitness happens with exercise. There's no point in having rock hard abs buried under a layer of fat.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Diet is the only way to get rid of belly fat.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Ditto about the diet. That's key and also add in overall weight training to rev up your metabolism to help. Working out is so individualized you just have to find something you enjoy that you will stay with. There are tons of DVDs out there so think about how you enjoy working out and you will find one that helps. For me, I love Body Combat so I buy those but not everyone enjoys it so think about what you like first
  • I've been using the Jackie Warner DVD series and like them a lot, especially the Crunch-free Xtreme Abs and Xtreme Time Saver DVD's. Both DVD's show a modified and a more strenuous version of the exercises. I started out following the modified and then eventually "graduated" to the more strenuous.
  • ccolvin19
    ccolvin19 Posts: 10 Member
    Yes, diet is important to losing fat but a good overall body conditioning program will go a long way to helping you too. The more muscle you have the better you burn fat (simple concept that muscle burns more calories than fat). I have had really great success with the Turbo Jam program in losing inches off my stomach and love handles, hips and thighs! I'm also just starting Les Mills Combat which has a lot of core work in their high intensity intervals. If you are more of a beginner to working out regularly I would definitely recommend Turbo Jam though!

You can message me and I will give you more info on either of these programs and can also help you stay motivated! I love supporting others in their journey to get healthy and fit.. I can also show you a before/after pic from my latest round of Turbo Jam so you can see the real results that I have had! Feel free to friend me too! :-)