BRA PROBLEM, HELP PLEASE!

Options
Please be serious about this. No stupid posts.

I have a huge problem finding bras that fit. I'm a 38-40DD. I find it that most bras that accommodate my size flatten my chest and make my breasts look like cones when looking on the side. That is such a horrible look! My breasts are nice and round, I do a lot of weight training, and luckily waist is shrinking while my chest remains perfect. What brand of bras do you use? Help!

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I recently started getting mine at Lane Bryant and no your don't have to be pluss sized to wear their bras. There's nothing worse than an ill fitting bra. I wore one for years never realizing how much difference a good bra made. Love my Lane Bryant bras. Good luck!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Find an actual bra shop and get fitted. They will measure you and then have you try several on to find the perfect fit. At most of the shops I have been to this is a free service. :)
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't go to Victoria's Secret. They just don't have the correct size bras for women who are well endowed and they try to "fit" you in what they have.

Go to a store such as Dillards, Nordstroms, Lane Bryant even JCPenney's where they have more sizes and get a good fitting done there. The size they give you is a place to START. Try on sizes that are above and below their sizing and try on different styles. It's just like a good pair of jeans, you have to try on many to find the ones that really fit the best.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are but I always for for shock absorbers and I'm an FF, even after losing the weight......

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/
    http://shockabsorberusa.com/
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DDD and wear bras from Lane Bryant/Calcique (or hit Fashion Bug before they close the stores since the bras are very similar). They don't work great for running, but are fine for everything else :)
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I am a 38 DD and get my bra's at Victoria's Secret
  • cjmcnulty
    Options
    I second this. I buy my bras from Nordstroms. I was wearing a 36DD from VS and went to Nordstroms and they sized me. I am actually a 34DDDD. Quite a difference! Once you find your correct size, you will notice you can find bras a little cheaper - like at Nordstrom Rack and other discount retailers that carry larger sizes. Good luck!
    Don't go to Victoria's Secret. They just don't have the correct size bras for women who are well endowed and they try to "fit" you in what they have.

Go to a store such as Dillards, Nordstroms, Lane Bryant even JCPenney's where they have more sizes and get a good fitting done there. The size they give you is a place to START. Try on sizes that are above and below their sizing and try on different styles. It's just like a good pair of jeans, you have to try on many to find the ones that really fit the best.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I like Victoria's secret full coverage, underwire bras and Bali is a great bra company as well :) We wear about the same size :)
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Are you talking sports bras or everyday bras? I like under armour for sports and Fredericks of Hollywood for everyday
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like Wacoal or Le Mystere. But go get fitted! It's really the best way to find the perfect bra.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    One word (i be da same size) MINIMIZER. I like going to JCPenney.....not that expensive, they have fitting-room people, and good products with a reasonable return policy.
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I found a nice local bra boutique in my area. I am sure you have a lingerie store near you. That is the best bet, You may even find out that you are wearing the completely wrong size. These bras are often more expensive but They last as long as you wash them properly. The brand I am successful with (I'm a 40E) is called Elomi. Love it.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant, and they will fit you. I am a 42DD and only wear molded cup bras now. They are the most supportive, preserving delicate breast tissue to help prevent future sagging and also help keep a nice round "melon" like shape, no pancake boobs!!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I had two from Dillards that were by far the best bras I ever owned. Unfortunately I cut the tags out and don't know the brand. I know I paid a lot for them, about $50 each but when I reach goal and am ready to get refitted and pay that much, that's where I'm going. I wore a 38D at the time. I'm currently 36DD and getting whatever I can find at Kohls, Target until my boobs are done shrinking.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I normally had problems with VC bras when I was younger but they seem to have gotten the message. I went there a few days ago and walked out with 4 bras that are pretty, fit beautifully and feel great. I had a terrific saleslady fit me and she brought me about 20 different bras to try to get the right style that looked good on me. I was very pleased.

I am currently a 38D.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Olga bra's seem to be my fav..great support, lots of styles, hand wash well, and reasonably priced even at khols. Throughout my weight loss they have definitely been a great support, no pun intended!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Victorias secret, you will not be disappointed!!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I also stand by Lane Bryant's Cacique brand. They keep the girls in place, which is something I did extremely hard to find with most other bras.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Aggie, do yourself the hugest favor and go and get fitted before you invest in any new bras. They will not only tell you your proper size but also how it should fit so then you can go and shop for them properly. I love Wacoal but they run at least $50 a piece. I also like the Lane Bryant bras, they fit great and wear really well. I order on line from www.JMS.com they have all brands and sizes for those hard to fit type gals. They also carry Champion work out gear which I love so I order from here alot. Good luck hun!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Go somewhere like Nordstrom if you can. Wacoal and Freya and Chantelle are my favorites for day and play. I have Wacoal for working out but if I am doing something super high impact like elliptical or African dance I still wear two. Sad! But I want them to stay as nice as possible for as long as possible! :)

ETA oh yeah, love the minimizers too, even if they aren't as pretty.