Chicken Spinach cheesy Casserole

Options
http://www.grouprecipes.com/111169/chicken-spinach-cheesey-casserole.html

I need to make this more fat free, but I made it the other day so I have been eating it until I can get the stuff to make it less fatty!

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    It sound yummy. The broth and pasta is easy to substitute, but what worries me is the cheese. Even using LF will not really change the overall calorie count by much. Maybe make a beshamel (sp) sauce with unsweetend milk and a LF butter spread, and maybe top with some Panko breadcrumbs, or add some instant oats. IDK, just guessing at this point. I may try some variation of this. Thanks for the post!!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    LOL I never read the directions for this. I would cut the broth out or use it for a cheese sauce and bake it in the oven. LOL
  • Erma_Koebel
    Options
    These are great suggestions. I think that the cheese does have to go, and cutting the broth and baking would help too. Any white sauce would work I think. I just need to get it lower. but to be honest when I made it I was not yet on this site. So now I have help to stay on track and I will work harder at doing just that! Thank you all for the great ideas.