Plateau!!! UGH!

Options
We'll I've hit my first plateau, I knew it was coming, but it always creeps up on you! I decided Im not going to repeat the same thing and expect different results (the definition of insanity), so I am going to change it up!

I eat 1770 calories a day plus my workout calories and hit the elliptical 4 times a week (30-45 minutes). I am going to try to shock my body into thinking that the routine I had for a month and a half is out the window.

First of all, I am drinking a ton of water. Usually I drink 80oz a day, but the last two days I've been drinking about 140oz. And yes...I am peeing constantly!

Secondly, I am changing my cardio routine. I am going to try HIIT on the treadmill for 30 minutes instead...I'm sure this will zap me!.

Thirdly, I plan on alternating my calorie intake. M-W-F eat my excercise calories back and T-Th, skip eating my excercise calories (about 500 calories).

Finally, I plan to add weight lifting to try to shock my muscles and use all my glycogen, then follow that up with cardio (M-W-F). I'm intentionally doing this on the days I'm eating my excercise calories, otherwise I'd die!

I hope this works because I want to get out of the plateau!

What does everyone think? Do you think this will work? The whole point here is to shock my body into a different routine because its stuck!

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options
    I really can't offer you any expertise, but it sounds lie a good plan. Hope you will keep us updated as to how it works out!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I'm with TwentyTen I can't offer any expertise on this but it does sound like a good plan. Let us know how it works for you. I am also going to work on the weight machine on my non cardio days. For now i just do the treadmill, I find the elliptical hard for me, being that I'm only 5'2 and it really hurts my knees. My bf loves the elliptical. Good Luck with your new routine!!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I'm with TwentyTen I can't offer any expertise on this but it does sound like a good plan. Let us know how it works for you. I am also going to work on the weight machine on my non cardio days. For now i just do the treadmill, I find the elliptical hard for me, being that I'm only 5'2 and it really hurts my knees. My bf loves the elliptical. Good Luck with your new routine!!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Sounds pretty good. I personally think your going over in water a bit. When I hit my plateau my doctor told me I was drinking way way too much water. I has actually started flushing away good stuff in my body. My body suffering from hyper-hydration. I was doing it over a period of time, it just didn't happen over night that's impossible. But anyways, I was gaining weight from the water. So I cut back and only drink what is recommended and drink more with more activity as my body demands it.... I started losing right away and I didn't change anything else.
  • freedMan
    Options
    2lbs down this week! I drank 120+oz of water a day and alternated eating my excercise calories. I also changed up my routine in the gym. I know it must have helped because the gym was really tough this week! I just hope to keep losing and not hit a plateau again before I lose another 10 lbs!
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm still going strong wit my weight loss. Another 3lbs from the last update, or 5lbs lost since i hit this plateau.

What I've been doing?

Last weekend I had a decent cheat meal and ended 700 calories or more over my calorie goal, then the following day I was 100 calories over. I figurded this might help boost my metabolism. Then on Monday, I started working on strength training with a little light cardio following(10 minutes elliptical). I ended the day right on target for my deficit, then tuesday, same thing but did not eat my excercise calories..I did this back and forth until today where I am planning to change my workout routine again, in efforts to prevent any plateau from forming! Also, I kicked out any processed foods and sweets, and am drinking 100+ ounces of water daily!
  • snack
    snack Posts: 1
    Options
    maybe your drinking to much water that could hold the weight some