Fitbit one or Fitbit Zip?

Options
Hey everyone!

I was looking into buying the Fitbit Zip or a Fitbit one but don't know which one to buy. Has anyone used either of these? I have been looking into buying a pedometer and saw these. I am leaning more towards the Fitbit Zip, which tracks steps taken, calories burned, and distance traveled. It is also less expensive that the Fitbit one, at $60. But the Fitbit one also has sleep tracker but that bumps up the price to $100. So I wanted honest reviews of these products and the strengths and weaknesses of each. Don't know what to do!

Thank you to all who respond,
Anna

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit One . Go with the cheapest. The sleep feature is not worth the extra money IMO.
  • ArtGeek22
    Options
    Thanks, that is my one concern. Would I actually use the sleep tracker? Do you have an armband for it or do you actually clip it on???
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra which has the sleep tracker. You wear it in a wristband at night. It's interesting, but I don't know that it is actually useful. I mean it isn't like I'm going to learn to not wake up at night. It confirms I don't sleep enough but I already knew that because I know when I go to bed and get up.
  • KristenF101
    Options
    I love my one and love the sleep tracker on it. I didn't think it mattered, but I notice I sleep worse when I drink anything after 8PM (including water), probably because I have to pee.

Also, I noticed that I sleep worse if I have a dog in the bed, or if my fiance' has had a couple of beers, since he tosses and turns.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Zip on eBay for $52. I sleep like a rock, so the sleep thing wasn't essential to me.
  • ArtGeek22
    Options
    Yeah, it sounds interesting and I don't always get the best sleep so it might be useful. But I saw a deal to get 2 Fitbit Zips for a $100 so I could get one for my sister so I am so torn :tongue:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that is my one concern. Would I actually use the sleep tracker? Do you have an armband for it or do you actually clip it on???

I have both armband and clip
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit zip for Christmas and I find it to be easy to use and motivating I haven't hit 10,000 steps yet but I find I'm adding more steps each day...fun
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Zip mainly because of the price and I already know I have major sleep issues. :wink: So far I really love it; at the very least it's a useful tool in motivating myself to move more.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit Ultra in the mail today and i love it , it was also easy to set up
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I got the zip. It works great. Have yet to sync it to MFP though. The store I went to sold out of the zip one, some lady bought 25 of them earlier in the day. Glad she did, because I am happy with the zip and saved 40 bucks.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the "Earndit.com" website? Am thinking of checking it out. I like the ideas of donating to charity just by walking.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the "Earndit.com" website? Am thinking of checking it out. I like the ideas of donating to charity just by walking.

I love Earndit! I've helped provide fresh water in Haiti, inoculated children in India against polio, and helped a homeless shelter in South Carolina. All for exercising, but now my exercising does double duty.

As far as the Fitbit One vs Zip, I believe another difference between the two is that the One is water repellent.
  • diverdiza
    diverdiza Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it but now I'm glad I have - thanks :-)
  • ArtGeek22
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who has responded so far! This is very useful info :smile:

Never heard of it, but checking it out now! :flowerforyou:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I always think sleep thing is interesting but what can you do with the info. If you want stairs and sleep but are not interested in synching with phone you could get the older Ultra which is reduced on some sites. I'm happy with the Zip but am looming into Bodymediafit. If you're in USA, look at the new Basis too. It's like BMF but worn on the wrist. I can't get it in the UK though.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra which has the sleep tracker. You wear it in a wristband at night. It's interesting, but I don't know that it is actually useful. I mean it isn't like I'm going to learn to not wake up at night. It confirms I don't sleep enough but I already knew that because I know when I go to bed and get up.

I have the Ultra and love it. It is software upgradable and can be had for a great price online. However, I'd get the One in that, it is comfy, built better, and has a lot of features other than just sleeping which I never use...I just use my Ultra to measure my exercise and it is very accurate. I don't sync with MFP or log my food at Fitbit...the interface is incomplete.

But, both are really cool. Good hunting!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have the One. I find the info from the sleep tracker useful as a feeback tool. While I know that I don't sleep as well when I eat poorly, I can actually see the number of times I am "awake", which I think corresponds to tossing and turning. If I eat poorly, I am awake 10 - 18 times. When I eat properly, the number drops to 4 - 6. Wearing the tracker has definitely caused me to increase my number of steps and number of flights of stairs.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had Fitbit Ultra since May 2012. I love it and find it very motivating, but I don't use the sleep tracker.

The reason why I prefer the Fitbit Ultra is because it also tracks stairs while Zip does not. I have 4 floors in my house and I NEED that functionality to see how many floors I do each day just doing my normal chores in the house. My goal is to do at least 20 floors each day, and most days I hit about 25-30 floors - easily. I think I'll up my goal to 30 floors each day, and will try to top that.