breast reduction (reconstructive) questions Please HELP

Options
Hi everyone. I am pursuing reconstructive breast reduction due to neck and back symptoms. I am wondering if anyone has went through this experience and could give me any tips or advice concerning anything about the procedure. I have a tentative surgery scheduled and I am still working on providing my insurance with documentation proving that I have significant negative symptoms due to large breasts. If I do so successfully, insurance will pay for the sugery since it would be considered reconstructive. If you could answer any of these questions or provide any information it would be VERY helpful!!!! :)

A few questions:

1. What is the best type of medical documentation (symptoms)?
2. what was your experience with pursuing and/or having this procedure done?
3. I have noticed that many people lose additional weight after the surgery, what was your experience with this?
4. were you happy with your results,?
5. what was the best gain you had from this procedure?
6. how difficult was it for you to get insurance reimbursment?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend had the surgery. She was very happy with the results, but she did have a complication. She was allergic to the sutures that were internal, and needed another surgery to correct the infection and scaring. I have no idea if that complication is frequent or not, but you asked so I'm mentioning it. Good luck!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    My cousin had this surgery about 30 years ago, and as I recall, her documentation was being treated for chronic back and neck pain. She was not particularly overweight, just very well endowed. Her breasts enlarged after she had her son, and they never went back to the size they had been before pregnancy.

The suture allergy is not a common occurrence. If you have known allergies to latex, for example, you would want your surgeon to be aware of that so that gloves and other materials were not used that could cause you a problem.