Ladies <TOM>

Options
When TOM effects the scale, how long do you carry the extra weight? This was the first month I actually monitored my weight during TOM. It started last Monday and on that Monday I also increased my calories, from 1350 to 1524/1500. During the 5 day period I gained about 2.5 the first day, maybe.But after that the scale didn't move up or down again. Well 2 days post TOM I lost about 3lbs suddenly (today). Same 1524/1500, well actually I thick I stayed under the last two days for the most part.

Just wondering during TOM does the scale stall or does it go up- if it goes up how long does it take to go back down after TOM. Just want to here some statistics.

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I hold on to weight for 7 days before it begins. 2 days past its back down.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily and track my TOM as well. Generally I have a 'plateau' or 1-4 pound gain that starts about 5 days before and lasts 10-14 days, every month.

Once that's over with, I will 'lose' a pound or two every few days until I hit my monthly average (so far) of 7-9 pounds lost. It freaked me out the first month or two, thinking I'd hit a real plateau or gained, but now I'm used to it, lol.

Bodies are weird.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I usually have some weight gain in the first few days and then after its over i either go back to what i was or a lb or 2 less....but mostly i just FEEL like i am 10lbs heavier
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 2-4 lbs between day 1&2. Day 2 I feel like a whale.and can't fit any of my clothes. Part 2 days or so I'm back at my normal weight.
  • olsen317
    Options
    I hold on to weight for 7 days before it begins. 2 days past its back down.

This is me too.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I wait until Tom is over before I weigh. but when I didn't do it the scale stayed up.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh during tom and wait a week after as well..I weigh every 1-2weeks or just when I remember
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i gain a few pounds but feel a lot heavier.....but afterwards i usually go back to normal weight or a pound or 2 below
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Takes about 10-14 days to get rid of mine.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ugh dont you just hate this? I just updated my stats that I had lost 4 pounds and guess what they are now back because my cycle is starting and I am bloated all in the course of 24hours. I wonder if I should add back on the 4 pounds blehh
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't usually gain when I have TOM. But when I eat a lot of salty foods I will put on about 2 pounds mid way through and then drop it all by the last day.
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Around 5 days before I plateau or gain 1-2, but the water weight is gone by the second day of my period. It is frustrating, but it is also a nice surprise to see the weight go on day 2!
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    it's the second month I really monitor my weight during TOM and I've gained up to 6lbs from day one to day 7 then it drops back down and end up losing even more!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i normally will gain 2-4 lbs and it can be up to 1 week prior . Usually the day i get it i am at my lowest i will be all month.