Sorry - bit of a moan...

Options
I've done it once or twice - I'm in a rush so just enter the calories for the item and created it on the database - without other info...

but bit annoying when you search the database - an item comes up and when you add it to your diary - not all of the info is stated - i.e. protein content, sodim content etc....

This wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if you could add info to the item - or update missing info....

a way of updating the items nutritional info would be great - currently if you create an item with exactly the same name as an item already on the database you can't save it and have to reenter all the info you just entered again...

if your creating an item - either put all the info in or don't check the box with allow other MFP users to use the item

rant over....

:laugh:

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You can edit it - if you find the food in the database, and click on it, on the top right there is an 'edit' button. Click that and you can enter the missing details (or change the ones that are incorrect).

Erika
  • sazziecee
    Options
    I am sure I was able to update a food item the other day, that had only listed the calories.

There was a box asking if it was correct, and when I clicked "no" I was able to edit it and add in the carbs, sodium etc
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    is there!

awesome! I'll do that - sorry for moan - its just cos I realised a food i used regularly was missing loadsa info!

cheers
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    lol yeah I was having issues yesterday trying to find the details on a MacDonald's burger (not for me, trying to talk a coworker into doing subway instead!) and I finally gave up because they all just had the calories and MAYBE the fat and that was it... had to go to the McDonald's site to find him the info.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes, the other day I added Camembert cheese to my diary and was pleasantly surprised that it had only 6 calories per serving :noway: :laugh:

My wish list includes being able to go to the database, where you can see the nutritional info before entering a food, and then having a check box to enter the food directly from the database.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Yes, the other day I added Camembert cheese to my diary and was pleasantly surprised that it had only 6 calories per serving :noway: :laugh:

My wish list includes being able to go to the database, where you can see the nutritional info before entering a food, and then having a check box to enter the food directly from the database.
    You can check out the nutrition info from the database. On the right side of your screen where you type in how many servings to add - look right under the name of the food. In blue you'll see "Nutritional information" Click that and it will show you the nutrition info.