I've Got a Long Journey Ahead - Who's Going With Me?

Options
Hey Pals,

Last year, I made the old resolution to lose weight, as I'm sure many of us did. It went great for the first month, and then I fell off the bandwagon. As of last Sunday, I've hopped back on the wagon and I know I have to ride the whole journey this time - my health, and probably my life, depends on it. I lost 25 lbs in that first month, and then I gained 50. I have 180 to lose altogether, and it has to happen now. It's not just my health, but I have some fun stuff coming up that I want to be healthy for.

So...anyone want to take this journey with me? I know I'm going to need support and motivation - I have a supportive boyfriend and family (we're actually doing a Biggest Loser competition through June), but sometimes having a neutral POV helps too!

I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am with you!! Just since thanksgiving i gained about 19 lbs. We can get that weight off!!!
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do it ....and so can I. I believe in the both of us! 2013 is our year! Happy New Year!
  • Dandee1
    Options
    Hi, I signed up last year. I didnt do good wirh tracking food, but i did lose20 lbs this year. I have a lot more to lose. About 60 or 70 lbs I am in fpr the journey :-)
  • KimiC520
    KimiC520 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mistakes are proof that you're trying! Don't give up! :drinker: <--- too cute not to throw in there.
  • nicstir
    nicstir Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, good luck and stay strong. We can do this !!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    heck yes! We can do it! I've gained about 12lbs since Halloween and I'm ready to wear my old jeans.
  • rlbs1975
    Options
    I'm in! I would like to lose about 50 pounds. I am 34 pounds lower than my all-time high weight, but still much bigger than I want to be. Last year, I injured my back and after surgery, ended up losing 20 more pounds, but then I gained 15 of them back. I moved across the country this year and am now a stay-at-home mom w/ a home-based bakery business on the side (a recipe for disaster!) A friend recommended just not being my own taste-tester! :) My in-laws just bought me an amazing new food processor for Christmas, so my plan is to use it for HEALTHY things instead of bad ones! My goal is to lose my 50 pounds by June 1st, then my friend/accountability partner is going to come visit me from DC to run a 5K w/ me! Good luck, everyone!
  • brittanyg820
    brittanyg820 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! feel free to add me!
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! Lost 20 lbs with MVP last year, but I'm sure I've gained some back since I've been gone over a month. :-( Need to lose A LOT more!! Sent a friend request. :-)
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone with weight to lose that hasn't back slide at least once. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. Your life DOES depend on it!
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    I'm with you, I have gained about 15 pounds since Thanksgiving and am so ready for this....again!!! Feel free to add me. yay can't wait to see results.
  • Tntmommy2213
    Options
    I'm in. This is my first time reaching out for support. I've got about 70 lbs to get back to the weight I was when I met my hubby and 100 more to get to where I want to be. So I'm in it for the long haul;) add me if you like!
    Mandy
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do this and so can I, I set a goal last year to lose 100 lbs but that didnt work too good lol, I lost 40 lbs but I have slowly put most of it back on... add me!!
  • dalera
    dalera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started my journey Christmas day....I'm 7 pounds down and 123 to go! I have always been the chubby girl....but that has now progressed to the fat middle aged woman with high blood pressure, trouble walking and high blood sugar! It is time and I am going to do this this time! I would love some encouragement and support for people doing the same. I have a loving and supportive husband and family....but they just don't get it! I'm in it and going all the way this time!