Daily Calories ?????

Sarah219
Sarah219 Posts: 46
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I am on 1440 cals a day , which is fine and i am coping great , my question is are my cals meant to drop as i become lighter ???? and if so does MFP do it automatically for me or each week on my weigh in , and if i have lost do i need to re- enter my weight to give me a new daily allowance ????? thanks for any info :flowerforyou: xx

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I believe MFP prompts you after you loose 10 pounds but you can readjust at anytime, maybe every five pounds change your current weight and adjust your goals accordingly.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Hi
    I was told the nearer you get to goal that you should slowly increase your calories each week to get your body ready for a normal diet so you dont put it all back on when you start eating normally.
    I am now wondering if with 12lbs left to lose whether I should change my goals to 1/2lb perweek as I was told this is the best way the less you have to lose.
    So I will be interested to see how this post goes and the advice on it too!
    Jaycee x
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    I've wondered that too!!

I acxtually started on 1300 cals, wasn't losing, so I upped it a few hundred, and started loosing. NOW, here I am losing again, and I'm affraid ti lower it down again!!

But I do remember on The Biggest Loser that Bob had said during a comercial break that for every 5lbs lost, you need to adjust you cal intake, thats why most people stop losing, bc they don't lower their cals. I'm confused!!

I stopped losing, but I couldnt' lower my cals any lower than 1200, and what was my option, to HIGHER them!!?? ARG, its so mind boggling.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I've wondered that too!!

I acxtually started on 1300 cals, wasn't losing, so I upped it a few hundred, and started loosing. NOW, here I am losing again, and I'm affraid ti lower it down again!!

But I do remember on The Biggest Loser that Bob had said during a comercial break that for every 5lbs lost, you need to adjust you cal intake, thats why most people stop losing, bc they don't lower their cals. I'm confused!!

I stopped losing, but I couldnt' lower my cals any lower than 1200, and what was my option, to HIGHER them!!?? ARG, its so mind boggling.

You can change your goals by choosing to loose half a pound less per week than you are set at now, that way you will get more calories to eat and still loose weight. (if you goal is to loose 2 pounds per week, change to 1.5/week)
  • jaycee76
    Bumping to see if anyone has an answer!
  • jaycee76
    Bump again ............ can know one help on this?
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Interesting.
This discussion has been closed.