Tricking my mind by starting NYR 3 weeks early.. =D

Options
kazb0t
kazb0t Posts: 33 Member
Hello!

Nearly all my life I have struggled with my weight, and with my career as a pastry chef, I have to be careful not to balloon further. So I decided this coming year will be the year that I will get into shape! Like many, I have never had much success in following New Years resolutions so I decided to 'fool' my mind into it by starting weeks earlier! That way I feel way less mental pressure to reach my goals. Dumb I know, but that's how my silly mind works, haha.

And now that 2013 is about to start, I'm already 10lbs down towards my goal!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    oh hey, well done! :) I hope your trick continues to work. 10lbs is nothing to sneeze at, great job!
  • kazb0t
    Options
    Thanks! And I see we have similar goals/weights so good luck to you too!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Actually, that sounds pretty smart to me and you can't argue with success! Considering most people gain over the holidays, you're even further ahead - congrats on your progress!
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I kind of did something like that... I started logging a couple weeks early, even though I knew I wouldn't be near goal, like at all. Now that the new year's here, I feel like I've been practicing and I'm ready for the real thing. Happy New Year!

Edit to add: Congrats on your first ten! You've obviously got something figured out!
  • kazb0t
    Options
    Haha, yeah it was tough over the holidays but I 'let' myself have 200-300 more calories a day for the days around Christmas to make sure I didn't freak out and binge so it worked out in the end. ^_^
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Not dumb at all!!

So many people make NYR, yet very few keep them. I think it adds to the pressure. Who needs that? By starting early, you've already had success, which bodes well for sticking with it.

Congrats! Very smart in my book!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    No system is "silly" if it works for you (and is healthy!). Good for you getting a jump start on your journey!