Hi!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Danielle and I am here to utilize myfitnesspal's helpful tools on my journey towards a healthier life, and to meet other people for friendship and support on this journey.

I have struggled with weight since my late twenties, and over the last three years (after starting new medication) I have gained 136 pounds (last time I checked), which has done nothing to improve my self-esteem.

I've become quite a couch potato as a result of becoming depressed over my weight gain, which only perpetuates the problem, but I'm tired of being unhealthy and dissatisfied with myself and life in general, and I'm ready to do something about it, so here I am!

I look forward to getting to know folks here at myfitnesspal, and to making this awesome website an important aspect of my "getting healthy" journey! Thanks! :-) -Danie G

Replies

• nylphia
    nylphia Posts: 16
    Options
    One day at a time and you will do it. It di dnot happen overnight, it iwill not go overnight... but keep the mind set to push through and stay commited 1 day at a time. Nice to see you TODAY. Happy New Year.
  • daneegurl75
    Options
    Thank you, nylphia for your encouragement! I like what you said about taking it a day at a time. I have a bad habit of projecting into the future to the point where I get overwhelmed, which often leads to inaction. Staying in the present moment will be a huge help for me on my journey! It is very nice to meet you, and Happy New Year to you as well! :-)
  • ToughChik75
    Options
    Hi All-
    I am not new. In fact, I used MFP during the entire year of 2012 and lost a total of 120 lbs. I have started a new profile and brought some old friends along. I would be more than happy to add you if you would like a bit more motivation throughout the year. I LOVE MFP and the motivating people. Let me help you, help me. LOL Happy New Year!
  • daneegurl75
    Options
    Hello ToughChik75!

Congratulations on your weight loss, and thank you so much for the warm welcome and the friend request! I look forward to having your support, as well as being supportive of you on your journey! I love this site already!