Just wondering

I am new here and very motivated to lose weight. But here's the thing, I wonder if there are people out there who are secretly influenced by the media. I just saw a commercial asking what will I gain after I lose. Well, I would like to think I have joy and pride and dignity regardless of my weight. So here is my question do any of you see these kinds of media things and feel worse about yourself because you don't fit into the mold? Or do feel alright about yourslef as a valuable human being regarless of your weight and just want to be the best you for you? I am asking because I have been disabled all my life and have never "fit the mold". I stand out whether I want to or not. So even WHEN the weight is gone I will stand out. I like it that way, by the way. I just don't like how the media thinks I should feel about myself. PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT ALONE. or I AM OFF MY ROCKER.

Replies

• MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Oh I agree they are wrong they are dead wrong. I am doing this for my health and my children, NOT, to make the world happy. I enjoy not fitting in. I love standing out, the crowd is so very very boring. :)
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I'd much rather stand out from the crowd...
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    You are not alone.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Always listen to your own inner voice.

The world is full of the thought that there is something wrong with you. How could they sell stuff, otherwise? Unfortunately, fear and low self-esteem is profitable.

Don't listen. But do lose the weight! You'll feel much better.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    You know... I really think you read too much in that commercial. I felt like that commercial is urging people to take a more positive approach to weight loss. Sorry if it made you feel bad about yourself. I'm pretty sure that is not what the marketers intended.