Gee.....thanks?

Options
2»

Replies

• jalantro
    Options
    And this is why I love this community of MFP friends! You can share that the hurtful and ignorant remark amongst friends. We've all been there. One time my daughter and I were visiting my mom's elderly friend. My daughter said, "we just went out for a doughnut" and the woman said "YOU??? ate a doughnut??" Well, that just made me want to eat more. If that happened today, I would have posted it and not went for more food. Thanks for posting and thanks for caring for the sick at your job and doing what you do!!

I understand completely! My grandmother and I were always close, and she never said a bad word to me. When she ended up in a nursing home, she became very outspoken and said anything that came to mind, rude, or not! She wasn't eating well (and was withering away), and when my sister and I flew home to visit her, we brought her some food and were trying to get her to eat - she looked at me and said, "You're just trying to make me FAT like you!" Mind you, at that point I was in my 160's - overweight, yes, and very conscious of it, but nowhere near where I am now. I still hear her comment sometimes when I am being hard on myself.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    Wow some people don't think before they speak.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    sorry this happened to you

there are usually a few threads every day about this very topic

the bottom line is fairly simple.........

there are a whole bunch of really stupid people on this planet

they may not be "rude" or cruel, but are just stupid

if we think that they are being rude or cruel on purpose, it seems to hurt more but usually they are just stupid

when you remember that they are just stupid, you change from feeling hurt to feeling thankful that you are not that stupid

True dat
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Darn, what a heartless lady. Who says that to someone like that. That is a very sensitive and personal subject.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just Rude!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My mama would call that "low class". And in the south that has nothing to do with money. ..and every thing to do with how you treat people. So sad that he is such a poor, miserable little worm that he makes himself feel better by trying to make other people feel bad.
  • docfancy
    docfancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So not cool. Keep at what you're doing. Whatever their problem is, it's their problem.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a *****! That probably would have made me cry heh. Well done for keeping your cool though!
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's terrible! I would have given her my stock answer "do me a favor? Take your shoe off and smack yourself upside the head."
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ... 'Really, why don't you lose weight, is there something wrong with you?'

I just don't know about some people...

My standard response to that type of thing is, 'That was incredibly rude of you, you must be so embarrassed.'

Perfect response!