Big Moment - at least for me!

Options
13»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You've lost 3/4 of my body weight! Wow that's a lot you've lost!!!!! You're doing great.
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the unfortunate pleasure of traveling a lot for my job. Those of us in the full figure group know how stressfull airline travel is and how devious we can be to get an upgrade or a seat with an open seat next to us. I carry two seat belt extenders - had to have a backup just incase I lose one! I would actually start to stress at the airline gate if I wasn't getting an upgrade or didn't know my seat.

I've not traveled in about 3 months and yesterday I took a flight to see my family. I decided to not apply for an upgrade and I left my security blanket (seat belt extender) at home. Not only that I picked the exit row where the seats are a little more narrow because the tray table is in the seat and you are not allowed to use a seat belt extender in the exit row for safety reasons. The plane was full so reseating would have been painful and embarrassing if I was more optimistic than I should have been.

Well - I fit with a couple inches to spare in the NON-EXTENDED seat belt. Not only that I didn't see the horror on the faces of those in my row as I approached seeming to say "gosh I hope he doesn't sit here".. I was able to reach my bag under the seat in front of me and even cross my legs.

I realize this may sound stupid but I was over the top happy!! It's the little wins that keep me going. That was a BIG little win - if that makes any sense at all.. 87 down and 38 to go....

I am very happy for you, this is a great NSV and not stupid at all!!!

Not having to use a seat belt extender and having the luxury of choosing any seat I want was one of my goals as well. Only those who have had to use an extender know the dread and embarrassment of having to ask the flight crew for it (usually accompanied by a "look") not to mention the anxiety of getting to your assigned row and feeling like your seat mates wished you weren't sitting in their row!

I was also "over the top happy" when I flew during the Christmas holidays and lo and behold I didn't need the extender either!! I was so happy I almost started to cry tears of joy right there in the plane, I managed to keep it together but I'm sure I had the biggest "cat that swallowed the canary" look on my face-people probably thought I had spent some time in the airport bar before boarding the plane lol!

Congrats again, I'm sure you will enjoy flying much more now I know I sure will!!! :D
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done. You should be proud of yourself!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Well done and I hope you achieve many more great things in 2013!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Good for you! Keep up the great work!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Fabulous NSV! Congrats on your hard work & dedication paying off for you!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not stupid at all just the opposite!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic victory to be able to celebrate -- congratulations!! Next up, roller coasters! (If you like them, anyway. I bet you can fit!)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love moments like that!!!! I had someone call me skinny once lol
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!