Happy New Year!

Options
I am a 42 year old,single Mum of 1 and recently left Ireland to move back to Canada.
I have a good amount of weight to lose over this next year(100+)and I'm looking for support over this time to come.
I can't eat wheat or sugar as they both have a really bad impact on how I feel.I am bordering on coeliac and if I continue like I did over Xmas I would be in a serious health crisis.I managed to put on about 15lbs over the past month and have hit my highest weight ever in my life.
I don't feel discouraged by this and I am looking forward to getting back in shape.
3 years ago I spent 6 months getting super healthy and ran in a relay of a marathon taking on the 10 km portion.I want to get back to that level of fitness.
I have been dealing with a heel spur and recovering from an serious ankle sprain as well as hip bursitis..as you can see,it's important I can get the weight off as it's now really affecting my body.
Anyone looking for friends/support then please come along for the journey.I would be happy to share it with anyone.
This community looks great and I look forward to getting to know you during the coming months.
Let's rock 2013!

Replies

• Alison263
    Alison263 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Anjelevil

Now, this is weird because I too am a single mum, of 42, who has gained 28lbs since giving up smoking - in September. I usually panic and start smoking again, get the weight off, give up smoking and it all starts again. I also have one child, a son of 13.

So - looks as if we have lots in common, on paper. I had a bad day yesterday as was at a New Years Eve party and, although I tried to allow for the extra calories, it didn't go entirely to plan - but todays a new day. I have an underactive thyroid and thats not helping, waiting for more test results to see if I'm on the right medication - but I have been a healthy weight before - so this means that I can be again, and so can you, right?

Happy New Year to everyone struggling whether with weight or anything else in their lives - and any encouragement, motivation or advice anyone can offer - please feel free.

Alison263