Question about Fitbit

Options
Does anyone use a Fitbit? Can you tell me a little about it? Is it a good tracker of calories burned for all exercises or is it mostly for just tracking your steps/stairs like a high-tech pedometer? I can't seem to find the information I want on their website, so any help you can give me from your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• olsen317
    Options
    I've used one everyday for the last 18 months. I love it and feel lost without it! I walk quite a bit and it is good for tracking steps, mileage, calories burned, sleep efficiency. It's a bit harder to track other types of exercise using it, but you can always track those activities separately on MFP. If you are a walker or just looking to increase your daily steps, then I'd highly recommend it. It's the best gadget I've had by far.
  • olsen317
    Options
    Also, there is a fitbit users group here on MFP. You might find it helpful to browse through that board to see how useful others find it to be.
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use a combination of Fitbit for activity in general and HRM for exercise. You could also look at the Bodymedia Fit and the new Basis.
    There are loads of posts on here about this so do a search to find out more.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use a combination of Fitbit for activity in general and HRM for exercise.

This is exactly what I do.
    I love my fitbit and my HRM. I feel lost without them.