Superstitious much?

Options
Superstitious much?

I'm changing my planned meals for today because they include fowl products (chickens scratch backwards... not a good thing for bringing in new year) . Instead will have pork and sauerkraut.

What's on your to-eat plan today? Do you encompass any new year's traditions?

Replies

• Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Being Southern, collard greens and black eye peas!
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    My family eats a plain glazed donut. I don remember how it came about but every year we do it and the one year we said we old be good an not eat it we all had a horrible year. Not a great way to start the new year but I will log it and go exercise it off. Have a great new year.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not Southern, but I know the good luck of blackeyed peas, greens, rice. We're having pintos with green chile and pork. I always have beans on New Year's Day. Habit? Luck? Yummy dinner?
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Curry Lentils with....CHICKEN :devil:
  • kway610
    kway610 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm going to do a 5-6 day fruit/veggie fast.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    LOL have fun with that. Depriving you body of protein and eating an all sugar diet is a great way to get in shape.
    /s
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'm eating the same things I normally eat, plain oats with protein powder and almond milk, seaweed, tofu noodles, etc.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Had I drank a lot last night, rather than having no alcohol, a McDonald's with Coca-Cola for my "hangover cure".

Instead, just the usual.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Filet, lobster tail, creamed spinach, and baked potato for dinner. Gonna just snack the rest of the day on leftovers from yesterday.
  • kway610
    kway610 Posts: 162
    Options
    LOL have fun with that. Depriving you body of protein and eating an all sugar diet is a great way to get in shape.
    /s

Fruits and veggies equal no prtotein and all sugar? Awww...well, aren't you precious. :ohwell:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    /s

Fruits and veggies equal no prtotein and all sugar? Awww...well, aren't you precious. :ohwell:

Any protein from a fruit or vegetable will be in such small quantities that you'd have to be eating it by the pound to meet your daily requirements. As for fruit, most fruits are quite high in sugar which just causes more sugar cravings. I eat a good amount of vegetables and certain fruits (especially since I'm vegan), but protein is king.