Stubborn Belly Fat experiences

Options
Did my monthly measurements this morning and once again lost 0 inches in my hips. I've now lost more weight in my neck then in my hips. I know they are the last place to shrink on women but I am getting a little discouraged. I was wondering if any women who have lost a large amount of weight (like over 75 lbs) can tell me how long it took for them to start to see results in that area? So far I've lost 40 lbs. In all other areas of my body I am a size XL but in the hips I am a 2x. I'm not really planning to make any drastic changes since I am losing steadily, just looking for some support to get through this hump. Any stories or experiences would be appreciated!

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    patience! Your body will release the fat when the time is right as long as you are eating well and exercising regularly.

Change up your exercise routine and see if the cause is muscle memory. Confuse it so it has to work differently and will release some fat stores!

Good luck
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    "stubborn belly fat" just makes me think of those spammy adverts! Sadly, there's no way to spot reduce fat. I do feel your pain, the fat around my middle has been the last to shift, and I'm still working on it, even though I'm pretty much at goal. And, to be honest, I would rather it was lingering around my hips than my waist! According to your ticker you have a little over 50 lbs left to lose? Some of that will definitely come off your hips, but if that's where you are genetically inclined to carry it, it may be the very last to go. So, yes - patience is key!

Just keep at it, eating at a reasonable calorie deficit, and you will eventually see the results you want. (Throwing in some strength training if you fancy it wouldn't hurt). I'm not sure of the exact timeline of losing my belly fat, but it's definitely where my body is holding onto that last bit of fat. Now I'm a healthy weight though, it's much, much better, so just persevere!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think God creates us to be all different shapes and sizes. I say you should just focus on creating excellent health by eating to lose weight and creating new habits by replacing old ones that will last a lifetime. When you lose the weight, you could be at goal weight but still have belly problems..........At least you will be healthy :)