Getting my butt in gear for 2013

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Karyn and I will be 41 next month. I am the mother of 11 yr old girl/boy twins. My husband had a stroke 2 yrs ago this coming June and is diabetic.

I need to take care of myself. Not only for me, but for my family. I need to lose about 20-30 pounds but so addicted to carbs and sweets. Hoping this year, I can turn me and my family around, to eating better, and working out more, and can definately use the motivation!

Here's to a new me!

Karyn

Replies

• lotusspark
    Options
    Hi Karyn. I'm sorry about your hubby. Welcome to the community. You can add me, I'm close to 43.
  • Ldfmoose
    Options
    Hi Karyn. I'm 53 and also have a husband battling serious medical conditions. I've been on here since June and had lost 30 pounds, but just being back from a week long cruise, am currently at a 26 pound weight loss. Figure I did pretty well, considering! Plan on losing another 30 pounds at least. I also need to stay healthy for my family - a boy and girl in high school and one in college. I joined when my daughter told me about it, but she's not active on here anymore so thought I'd try reaching out. Seeing those comments about completing the diary definitely helped to keep me going... Not really sure how to do this, so forgive me if I don't reply when I should. If you want to "add me" (as I've seen), I'd like to give it a try. Good luck to us all in 2013! :happy: