150 lb to lose can use all the support I can get!

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsChristaHughes
    Options
    Tammieh,
  • lcnick_38
    Options
    Hi I am new to this website, OMG it is pretty awesome. I lost 138 lbs a few years ago and I have no dobut you will do great. Don't try to make all the changes at one time. I added new changes each month so I would not feel overwhelmed. For example I quit drinking Diet Coke one month, then I worked on drinking more water, watched calories and carbs at first then focused on more healthy food options compared to old ones, etc etc. I also waited a bit until I introduced exercise into my routine.....it just was too hard in the beginning Good luck to you. Hope you have a great year!
  • shrinkingme2013
    shrinkingme2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I want to lose 35# so I can feel better about myself, lower my blood pressure, and fit into those clothes hanging in my closet. And b a better role model for those who come to me as I am too in the nursing field and get requests weekly for weight loss planning,
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started here in May with about 110 lbs to lose, got pregnant, and looking forward to starting my weight loss again very soon! Congrats on taking the first step!
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I'm Debbie and you can add me if you'd like. Good Luck!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'll add you if you'd like; I don't want to lose a large amount now, but taking better care of myself is a big theme, and I am glad people are starting to do it for themselves now.
  • pholman1971
    pholman1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. I have lost and regained over the years but I am ready to reach my goal. I will send you a FR. I sure need the support to stay motivated! Happy New Year!
  • teach722
    teach722 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just signed onto this site myself, and couldn't believe your post. I am in the same boat as you. Our family's are great, but we need to be around to see them grow up and be active enough to keep up with their energy (my son is 4--ALOT of energy!) I figured if I focused on 8-10 lbs. a month, it seems doable. Feel free to add me as a friend, and if I figure it out I will add you too.
  • snidercma
    Options
    Hi, I to need to lose a lot of weight. Started on this journey last year, and lost about 23 pounds, but got off track and gained it back, plus some. Now need to get started again, and do this for good!! Would love to have friends to motivate me.
  • secarpio
    secarpio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have a similar amount of weight to lose...and am at a similar place in life, though I only have two children! I have gotten lazy of late and am ready to return to my active lifestyle. I'm with you!:happy:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I was once overweight by just over 100 lbs (and I am on the small boned/short side, so you can imagine that I looked a lot like a beach ball :laugh:). I had had years of yo-yo dieting and each time I would gain back what I lost plus a bit more. I FINALLY learned how to properly nourish my body while exercising more and, to date, I only have another 50 pounds to go. The best part is that I feel better than I have felt in years. One recommendation that I would make is to cut out wheat and sugar---that seemed to make losing body fat easier for me (along with increasing my exercise to 4.5 hours per week---I did this gradually). I have lost 30 pounds and seven inches off my waist since I cut out wheat and sugar. I do two hours of aquatic exercise (it is especially designed for people who have arthritis or other joint problems) in our local public pool/athletic center (I have arthritis so this was a real boon for me) along with another hour of brisk walking on the carpeted walkway there (there is no fee for the walkway and I buy a yearly pass for the aquatic exercise for $150---works out to about $3 per week).

You can do it---we will be here to cheer you on! :smile: