Hungry Girl -Yay or Nay?

Options
Okay, so I don't know about y'all, but I LOVE Hungry Girl and all of her recipes...however, I don't know if it's right to incorporate them into my daily food intake. Most people think that HG's food is just junk food in smaller portions. For me, that's good because I don't think I'm fully ready to let go of all those foods. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine. Better than eating high fat junk and a good way to start moving to more healthy choices.
  • If you like it just go with it. I personally don't really think any of her stuff is good. I would rather eat some real food.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hungry girl. I think hungry girl teaches about portion control.
  • BLKeisha
    BLKeisha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If memory serves me right HG is a WW success story and all her stuff has WW points to them so they might not be 100% healthy but will work when dealing with portion control. That leads to losing weight and helps from feeling deprived. Just my opinion
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    If you like it just go with it. I personally don't really think any of her stuff is good. I would rather eat some real food.
    I've seen her show under a dozen times. She uses too much processed/low fat for my taste, but if you like it, I believe it is better than many of the alternatives. Really, it is all about what can keep you on track.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I agreed with the quote I posted!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I liked her newsletter and books until she clarified she doesn't actually eat what's in her books as a lifestyle. Tried many recipes of her first book. Many were good. Others just were okay when you want the real thing of what it's mimicking.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love her :) The books are especially helpful because she includes the nutrition info. I mean, it's not something you can eat every day, but I don't care. It's yummy!